Sectionals

I'm nervous. I'm really nervous. We began doing vocal warmups, but it wasn't calming my nerves down. Sure, I sang in front of people....just not this many.

Mr. Shue clapped his hands together, "Let's take a few moments to gather our thoughts. Trouble Tones are on in five."

I started taking deep breathes as my hands started to shake. I felt a hand on my shoulder to see Finn giving me an encouraging smile. "You're going to do great, Maze."

I took a shaky breathe, "I hope you're right. Or else I'm going to puke in front of hundreds of people, including my mom."

"This is your first Sectionals. You're nervous. Trust me, we've all been there. I know you can do this."

Miss Corcoran and the Trouble Tones came inside the room. "Hello, Will." She greeted.

Mr. Shue smiled, "Looking good, ladies!"

"We just came to say, may the best glee club win."

"Yes, and just in case that glee club is us, I have convinced Miss Corcoran to consider a contingency plan." Santana said. I gave her a confused look.

Miss Corcoran continued, "Yes, in the event of a New Directions loss, Trouble Tones has voted to allow any of you to join us at Regionals." What?

Sugar gave us a sweet smile, "You're welcome." Umm, what? Like any of us would like to join them. It's like they're rubbing it in our faces if they won.

Mr. Shue was shocked, "Excuse me?"

"That's incredibly rude, Santana." Finn said.

"We're being nice." Santana defended them. "It would be rude if I followed you around and every time you took a step, I played a note on a tuba."

I crossed my arms, "Now that's rude." Finn's not fat. I hate it when she starts calling him fat. It's like if I started talking shit about her for being too thin, even though she's not.

"Thank you for the offer, Miss Corcoran, but right now, we're gonna concentrate on winning this thing." Mr. Shue said with dedication.

Quinn walked closer to her, "And we will be winning, Shelby. We've got it in the bag." She looked at Puck. "Puck here is going to come through for us." I gave her a confused look. "He's such a shining star, in every conceivable way. Don't you think?"

What does Quinn mean by that? I mean, Miss Corcoran actually looked worried. What's going on with them?

Miss C shook her head before smiling, "Good luck, everybody. See you on the ice."

》》》》

We started taking our seats in the auditorium. I had to stand up or else my knee is going to bounce and it's going to annoy Kurt. I felt a hand tap on my shoulder and I see Maxwell giving me a small smile.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I came to support my friend and wish her luck." He took something out of his pocket. He held up the little music note key chain. "I found this in one of the boxes." He grabbed my hand and placed the key chain in before closing it. "Where would the great Mazakeen Graham be without her good luck charm?"

The audience started to clap as the announcer introduced the judges. I took a deep breath before looking back at him, "Maxwell, about the other night -"

He cut me off, "It's fine. It...it was just too soon for me to ask that. If I can't have my girlfriend back, might as well have my best friend back. And you know I'm good at getting what I want." I spotted my mom from the upper level of the auditorium. She gave me a wide-eyed look when she saw Maxwell. She was about to stand up, but I shook my head at her. Crap, I'm going to hear about this later. "How's your mom by the way?"