Chapter 5

Broken

I opened my dorm room door to find Harry standing right before me. His ripped black skinny jeans and Rush t-shirt made me happy. That's what made Harry; his jeans and his t-shirts.

And his smirk. I could never forget about his usual smirk. Although it wasn't quite a smirk on his face, it was more like a grin. I felt that he knew something that I didn't, so I allowed him inside.

"Celine's not here. But you're more than welcome to keep me company." I gave him a warm smile and took a seat on my bed, Harry sitting beside me.

He chuckled to himself. "Actually, I came to see you. . ."

A warm feeling streamed the through my blood and I couldn't help but smile.

It's been a while since he came to visit me. Ever since his relationship with Celine became more serious, he spends more time with her. Which is perfectly fine, it's just hard for me because I've grown up talking to him everyday. It's difficult not talk to someone that you used to talk to everyday.

"But I came to talk about Celine." The smile on his face when he said Celine's name was adorable. It made me happy, seeing him that happy.

I nodded my head to indicate for him to continue

He cracked his knuckles before speaking. I could tell that he was trying to find the right words to say. "Well, you may have realized that my relationship with Celine has been getting more and more physical . . ."

"No, Harry. I don't have any condoms." I joked, but I said it with a serious face.

He looked scared, like I actually meant it.

I laughed at his innocence.

He ignored my smart ass comment and continued. "I'm beginning to think that if we are getting that serious, I should maybe tell her my secrets."

"Secrets?" I clarified, looking deep into his green eyes.

He nodded a couple times. "Like, Madeline and Johnny secrets."

I closed my eyes and rubbed my eyelids with my index finger.

Harry is a good guy for wanting to tell the truth to the girl he loves. I give him credit for realizing that the truth is a good thing. And if Celine can't except the truth, then they're not meant to be.

I guess I should've thought of that with Niall a couple months ago when Harry arrived. The truth is always a good thing, even if it's bad.

As much as I admired Harry's urge to be honest with Celine, I thought it was too soon to bring up that his parents are criminals.

"Don't do it."

"What? Why not?"

"You asked for my advice, and I'm telling you what I think . . . Don't do it." He looked upset but I wanted to save his relationship with Celine, no matter how gross they were to me. "Look, if you tell her now then she'll get scared. She'll be scared of meeting your parents and possibly even scared of you. Heck, you're the son of two criminals. Just give it time."

"But it's not like she's going to meet them anytime soon . . . They're kind of in prison. Remember?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "That's what I think. Do what you want."

Harry stood up. I followed. He wrapped his tan, muscular arms around my waist and gave me a hug. It wasn't a friend kind of hug either. He nuzzled his head in my neck.

I lightly pushed him off of me and looked into his eyes. As much as I adored his hug, it felt weird. And besides, I couldn't dare to put Celine in that position.

He got some sense knocked into him before he realized the way he just hugged me. "I'm sorry. Anything you want to talk to me about?"

This is my chance. Should I tell him about Niall? Should I give him a taste of his own medicine and talk about a boy like he always talks about Celine?