Chapter 15

Broken

Celine's malevolent look caught me off guard and my goal of avoiding her soon vanished and I began to associate with her.

"Alright Celine, how about you tell me what's going on so I can at least have a reason on why I don't want to speak to you." My shrewd comment left her laughing. But it didn't seem like the kind of laugh that I was expecting.

Her head began to shake back and forth before she spoke. "What are you talking about, silly?"

Her bullshit was getting old and so was her fake innocence.

My hands formed into fists and I could feel my fingernails digging into the flesh of my palms. The anger was boiling over and there was no stopping it.

"You need to stop whatever you're trying to do to my life, Niall's life and even Harry's life. Just because we came after you once before doesn't mean it's okay to make us bust our asses to find you again. This isn't a game, Celine, so I suggest you leave me alone or you'll be gone forever." I took in an extensive breath and continued to stare into her innocent eyes. "I was forced to come look for you against my own will."

My teeth gritted and goosebumps formed all over my arms and my legs.

What I said, had to be said by somebody. She has to be put into her place.

A tear rolled down her cheek while she wiped her nose with the back of her hand.

"You're playing these games with the wrong girl. I'm my own independent person, not your puppet." After I finished, I strutted past her and nearly knocked her over with my shoulder nudge.

As I made my way down the sidewalk, I glanced back to find her still standing there, crying.

There's not one word I said that I regret saying. She deserved every single thing I said. I'm sure Niall and Harry would agree anyways. They were probably just too afraid of telling her to her face.