Chapter 13

Broken:

When I walked up to my dorm room, I came across a piece of paper wedged between the crack of the door.

To my relief, it was just a flyer that must've been passed out earlier on today while I was dealing with Niall.

Celine must not have came home after work if the paper was still there. She would've picked it up.

I held it tightly in my sweaty hands and skimmed over the words, smiling.

It read:

"Calling all Grant parents... To be able to know that your child is in good hands here at Grant, we are hosting our 46th Annual Grant Guardian Get-Together here on our very own campus..."

I've talked to older students in my writing classes that told me how amazing this event was. They said it's a huge deal and everyone goes.

From what I understand, it's a pretty formal event. Girls wear gorgeous dresses and guys wear expensive suits with fancy ties.

As far as the parents go; they all come and stay the weekend here and attend the party on the first night they arrive, which is a Friday evening.

There's a dance floor, a bar and obviously food. Students sit on one side of the hall and parents on the other, giving them a chance to chat with other parents whose child also attends Grant.

Students sit together and have a good time, sharing a laugh and talking about the school year.

I heard its a perfect way to wrap up the last few weeks of the school year and it's a lot of fun.

I instantly opened my door and walked in, looking around to make sure Celine wasn't home.

I dialed my mom's number and the phone rang a couple times before she finally picked up.

"Hey Sky!" She exclaimed.

I smiled while taking a look at the flyer. "Did you get the flyer in the mail yet?" I asked anxiously.

"Yes ma'am."

"Are you guys going to come?"

She laughed over the phone before speaking. "We wouldn't miss it for a thing, my dear."

My cheeks were beginning to hurt from all the smiling but that didn't stop me.

"It's going to be an eventful night. I'm so excited for you to finally see where I live and who I live with!"

After stating my last sentence I stopped and thought to myself. . . I live this life with a couple of self-centered maniacs that only want a good drama story.

Branching off from that thought, I continued with my next thought. Which was about Harry.

This is a parent event where our parents attend and meet our friends.

Though Harry's parents may be in jail, if they find a way to come then everyone will be in for a rude awakening. My parents especially.

I decided after my mom hung up the phone I'd go and talk to Harry about Madeline and Johnny. I'd talk some sense to him about keeping those two psychopaths away from here. Far away.

If they came, Celine would be forced to meet them and they could possibly bring something up about mine and Harry's past, which is what we've been trying to hide from her so she remains my friend.

As far as my parents go with the whole Madeline and Johnny situation, they'd be so displeased with seeing those two here. They took me from my parents and committed so many crimes in the process. They were my parents' best friends from what I've heard. A fight was bound to happen if my parents caught sight of them.

And me, well, I would like to stay as far away from those two losers as I possibly can. Even if that means not going to the event. I'm willing to give up my dream for those two. They ruined my life and there's no way on earth that I'd be able to except the fact of an apology, if they were planning on giving me one that is. In no way, shape or form am I okay with standing face to face with them. Let alone, in the same room.