Chapter 6

Broken

Harry left because of a phone call from Celine. Me and him were going to hang out all afternoon together but Celine called and said that she needed to talk to him.

I was disappointed at how fast he left my dorm. Without even a goodbye or a smile. He didn't even turn around and look at me. He got the phone call and bolted out the door.

Harry and Celine love each other and I completely support them together but I can't help but feel forgotten. I used to be Harry's whole world and he left me for my first girl best friend.

The next morning before class, I took a walk over to Niall's dorm complex. I wanted to walk with him and talk about what I said the other day. I want him to know that I didn't mean anything I said and I wasn't thinking clearly at all.

I hope he'd understand. Niall is usually a very forgiving person. Obviously he is because he forgave me for lying to him. But I have a feeling this situation is different. I was selfish and handled things like a child would.

I guess the truth is, I can't lose Niall.

I knocked on his door and there was a minute delay before he answered.

He appeared in the doorway, sorrowful. His eyes drooped, like he was tired, and his shoulders slouched.

I hope I didn't do that to him. My comment to him a couple days ago was pitiful but I didn't think it was that pitiful. For him to be presenting himself so poorly, I must've really hit a soft spot.

His eyes rolled when he saw me. "What do you want?" He grabbed his book bag and trudged past me, the door shutting behind him.

He gloomily shuffled down the sidewalk.

I caught up to him and walked beside him. "I want our friendship back."

"Should've thought of that before you embarrassed me." He dragged his feet while focusing deeply into the ground.

Watching every step he took and watching the cracks in the pavement come one after another.

I never thought about the fact that I might've embarrassed him. I hurt him for sure, but I never thought about embarrassment.

"Can't we just forget you ever said anything to me?" I questioned, sweetly.

He nodded his head in my direction and we continued our way to class.