Chapter 17

Broken

Niall and I sat on one side of the table while Harry and Celine sat on the other.

The silence was unbearable and I could feel Celine's eyes on me the whole entire time. Harry's eyes watching Niall's every last move as well.

Every once in a while I would catch sight of Harry trying to talk to Celine but all she did was ignore his every word. He would even try to wrap his arm around her to comfort her but she would immediately sit up straight and give him a despicable glare.

"So, are you two back together?" Celine tested me and Niall.

We both shook our heads. "No." We said at the same time.

"Good. We wouldn't want to keep another relationship a secret." She hinted, giving Niall a malicious look.

I looked at Harry, who was looking at Celine, who was still glaring at Niall. Niall stared back at her with an infuriated look.

"Secrets are in our past, right Niall?" She tested again.

He nodded over and over but slowly.

She shifted her gaze to me. "Right, Skylar?"

I nodded, unsure what she was trying to hint at.

"Celine what are you trying to do?"

Asked Harry, aggravated.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Just making sure our little friend circle isn't keeping any secrets." Once again, she was looking at Niall.

"What kind of secrets?" Harry pleaded.

Celine raised an eyebrow at Niall. "Oh I don't know. People secretly sleeping together. People loving each other behind other people's backs."

Niall, Harry and I all looked at Celine with a puzzled look. Either she was going crazy or some sort of love triangle was happening that I wasn't aware of.

She stood up and pushed her chair in. "Excuse me. I have to use the ladies room." Her fake smile brought out my inner serial killer and made me want to slap her.

Niall mocked her and stood up as well. "Excuse me. I'm going to go talk to my parents." He stated, calmly.

Harry and I were left in silence, just as confused as appalled at what just happened.

We exchanged baffled looks.

"I'm going to try and talk some sense into Celine before this situation gets any worse." I pronounced while standing and stretching my legs.

Harry agreed and stood up as well. "I'll go talk to Niall."

"Don't start a fight." I joked.

He laughed. "Same to you."