Chapter 12

Broken

"In no circumstances whatsoever should you two be making love in our school library!" Principal Westing scolded, standing behind his desk, shaking his head.

This is the third time this year that I am sitting in his office. None of which were for good reasons either.

"I'm very disappointed in both of you."

That's when I decided to get even with Niall from him pushing me to the ground yesterday. I spoke up and told the principal the honest truth.

"He made me kiss him. It was against my will, sir." I was done with covering up for other people.

Principal Westing gave me a questioning look. "Pardon me? I don't quite understand, Miss Peterson."

I cleared my throat. "Niall grabbed me and made me kiss him. I would never kiss someone as self-centered as him!"

Niall gave me a confused look. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He whispered.

"I'm done with trying to help you, Niall." I pulled my sleeve off my shoulder for him to get a good look at what he did to me.

"Punish me. Not her. I deserve it." Niall confessed.

Principal Westing nodded in agreement. "I'm not sure what's going on but you're both dismissed. I'll think of another punishment for you later, Mr. Horan."

Niall stood before me, holding a hand out to help me up.

I declined the friendly gesture and pushed myself up, standing eye to eye with him.

"You're welcome." Was the only thing he said before leaving the room.

I followed closely behind him, still in awe over his smart ass remark. "I'm not sure who you think I am."

I pleaded.

When he kept walking away, I ran to him and yanked at his arm. He quickly pivoted back into my direction.

"You're Skylar Peterson; the girl that broke my heart and was dumb enough not to realize how hurt I was." He stopped to get a breath, but continued on right away. "You're too oblivious to notice what's going on!"

I stopped myself from continuing. I stood, thinking. "I know damn well what's going on."

He paused and a scared look swept over him. His cheeks turned pink and the rest of his face turned pale.

"You do?" He clarified.

I nodded but deep down knew that I didn't really know what was going on. But the fact that Niall's reaction was so suspicious, I'm beginning to wonder what's happening.

Obviously he and Celine aren't on best terms at the moment but I've never been told why exactly. Maybe that's the secret that he's trying to hide from me and Harry.

He swallowed, nervously. "I'm done here."

Before he left I was going to say something to make him stop from continuing to walk away but I decided to let him be. Let him storm off and think about his attitude toward everything and everyone.