Sick

(A/N)
Hey.
......................................................................
.
.
"Let's go"
_______________________________________

"I thought we are going through a portal." Mon groaned, "or just teleporting immediately to the location!"

"As an average human, you have such high hopes." Max muttered, annoyed with the child's imagination stabbing his self esteem.

"Well that's because i have you on my side.Anyways, CANT YOU JUST USE YOUR SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES TO HELP US TRAVEL?! LIKE, WARP US TO THE LOCATION?!"

Mon started to make things loud. Neighbours eavesdropping to every single word. Them thinking that Mon's current friend has supernatural abilities. Maxi could hear these thoughts. He doesn't want to get blacklisted or what. [He may have done that once.] He starts to think fast. Morely thinking of the first word that came to his mind and reason with that word. For the sake of keeping his status.

"COME ON. YOU'RE A DE-"

"DOESN'T MEAN I WATCHED THE WHOLE SUPERNATURAL EPISODES IN A WEEK I'M A DEMON ALREADY."
Max shouted.

He felt stupid. Screaming along and joining in the childish shouts. But it was worth it. He was able to shut that child's mouth. And it seems like Mon was staring with confused looks at Max, suddenly shouting a random subject.

The child raised his finger. "You do-"

He clasped Mon's mouth.
"I was saying that because you were blabbering things out your stupid Frick!" He whispered in a very small voice. "Why were you spilling the frikkin' beans?!"

Mon lowered down his finger, admitting.
"I was a bit frustrated."

"FRUSTRATED?!" Max, with a hint of surprised mixed with angry expression on his face.

"You spilling the beans and all is a bit frustrated? Thank goodness I know that TV series out of nowhere to save my skin!"

At the end of that, an awkward silence jumped in the conversation. The both walked until they reached the main street.
It was busy. Tall looming office buildings surrounded the parallel streets. Restaurants and cafés were hidden on some parts of the streets and clothing stores cease to exist there.
The stone grey pedestals were clean and dusty. With the big red mail box around the corner and a newspaper shop, selling today's paper, nearby our dear characters.
Mon read the titles of every newspaper while Max search for a cab to ride.

'Mysterious Murder every Mondays?!'
'Avengeful Assassination for Anarchy?'
'Greek Geographers googles Gals!'
'The Cheshire Cat of Canterbury Claims Canada for Clawing its Classified Case.'
'The codename: Scorpio has safely destroyed the addicting Time-consuming device.'

"Max?"
"Yes?"
"Who's Scorpio?"
Another silence continued, only broken when Max told Mon he's got a Cab.

The cab was a sedan sized black car with those checkered stickers across the body of the car. The inside of the cab was average.
The seats were clean, and the cushions seemed flat. Everything seemed new but old at the same time.

The man in the front has tanned skin, jet black hair, and brown eyes. He wore an old Polo shirt with smudges of ketchup sauce literally everywhere, and an unnecessary black cap of a baseball team it seems.

The driver was ignorant, but it drastically changes as he saw Max's face through​ the windshield as the demon entered the car.
He turned his head to get a better look, excited and all, he shouted to the person of his interest.
"Maxie!!"

Maxi, surprised, looked at him back.
"Cole?"

"Who?" Mon asked. Hoping it's not another mean forcing demon like Max.

"Long time no see bro!" He called back, he lend out his arm.

This moment, Mon expected a bro hug or a BFF handshake or anything like that. Like we all do in every moment that's like this.
Instead, Max just shake that hand and.. no secret handshake things. Mon was pretty disappointed, along with the driver.

"Same like ol' days huh? No physical contact?" The driver asked, pulling his arm back.
No answers came back but instead a request.

"Hey Cole, we're visiting my older brother, you know the place right?"

"Ya. Be right there quick like the lightning!"

The cab sped away, avoiding other cars and waiting in traffic. The cab became silent and the driver was eager to start a conversation again.

"So who might the other passenger be?"

Mon was nervous all of a sudden. Shakily and stuttering inside, he gather up all his courage to prevent this unsuspected mysterious driver to picture him as a weak vulnerable person.
"I'm.. Mon.. Mon Morningstar I mean! It's nice to see you!"

"No need for the formalities lil' buddy." He comfort Mon, "I'm Cole. Cole Akeem. Yuca's private advisor for morality since the ol' times."

"No he's not, Morningstar. Don't believe him." Maxi attested.

"But I'll tell you one thing kid." Cole continued, but in a much quieter voice.
"Don't ever mess with a Yuca."

"I heard that." The demon said, as he rest on his seat.

"Trust me." Cole warned. "I've kissed Maxie unconsciously​ ​once because his sister toyed around with me."

Mon sat there pondering what Max's siblings were like. At the thought of it, he shivered.
"Max, we're only going to talk with your brother right?" He turned to Max, worriedly.

"Calm down Morningstar," Max comforted Mon, "stay by my side all the time and nothing will happen."

Mon stayed silent, little comforted with Max's guarantee.
In no time, the cab had arrived at the end of the street and stopped. Max paid Cole quick, with a small tip and got out of the sedan. Mon was on his knees, carsick it seems.

"You okay?" Max asked as he quickly ran to Mon's side and curb his forehead, it was steaming hot. Before he knew it, Mon fainted and Max caught him quick. Cole left already and there was no one for him to ask aid for.

He doesn't have much choice neither bright ideas. With hesitations at first, he swiftly carry Mon on his arms like a bride (?) and ran all the way to a tall grey office building with a significant root symbol.
He passed the security scanner check and confirmed himself over the receptionist. The crowd in the lobby all looked at Maxi, carrying a pale boy on his hands, as they quietly whisper to one another.
"Isn't that the Yuca's younger brother?"
"Who's he carrying?"
"Could they be gay for each other?!"

They discussed as Maxi waited before the elevator. The doors of the lift was opened, entered, and he met the elevator boy.

"Which floor, Maxi Nian Yuca?"
He teased, ignoring the child in his hands.

"The floor with my room on it. Floor 43."

"Being tolerant today aren't you?" He annoyed the demon more. "Well, off we go and off we arrive!"

The lift's door opened and Maxi hustled to the room from the left. Leaving the lift doors close as the man inside smirked.