10: Memories.

» my heart is like a stallion, they love it more when it's broken «

I embraced Emmett tightly around the neck with a huge smile on my face. I hadn't seen him in a few days time. He had taken a trip with his brothers. He had left me for that long and I didn't know how I survived.

"Sage!" Emmett let out a boisterous laugh as he picked me up. I giggled as he spun the both of us around. Once he set me down, his lips met with the tip of my nose. "I've missed you my love." I could feel the heat rush up to my cheeks. I hated when he spoke to me like that. He made me so nervous I couldn't bare to stare into his blue eyes. The pet names always made my heart flutter. Emmett peered over his right shoulder to make sure his brothers were made their way into the house. They were a bit younger than him, so he tried to be as discreet. He didn't want the younger ones getting any ideas for themselves. Once they were out of sight, his lips met with my neck. I stifled a small gasp. He caught me by surprise. I pushed the larger man off of me. Now my entire face was red.

"Emmett!" My heart beat against my chest violently. "You know what you're doing to me." For awhile we had spoken about taking our relationship to the next level. He'd tease me here and there. The neck kisses, the shirt pulls, the waist grabs... he did it all. With a devilish smirk to accompany them. He had no shame though. He loved to tease me whenever he could. I couldn't help but want to as well. He was the love of my life and I trusted him with my entire being. How could I not? "I love you." I mumbled as I reached on my tip toes to give him a peck on the lips.

"I love you more." Emmett bit my lip lightly. "I've missed you. What's been going on?" He wrapped his arm protectively around my shoulders as we walked down the street towards my house. He lived fairly close, only a few blocks away. Besides the weather was nice today. The gravel beneath our feet gave a soft crunch as we continued down the road. I explained to him the previous events that occurred while he was away. He listened intently to it, with genuine interest. That's one of the things I loved the most about him, how genuine he could be with anyone. It didn't matter if he knew you or not; his genuineness showed.

When our relationship first started, he turned out to be the complete opposite of what I thought he was. He exemplified what a ladies man would be like; the friendliness, the charm, the looks. Emmett was everything but that. He was devoted, passionate, and emotional. Things that don't seem that way on the outside surface. If you were lucky enough to peer deeper into his soul, you'd be able to see how loving he truly was. How much he admired the person he was head over heels for. I was lucky enough to be the person to receive this undying love he had for me. He was also such a romantic. He'd surprise me with flowers he'd recently picked, poems he wrote himself, and the whole nine. The best part was, we started off as friends. I saw my lifetime with this man of mine.

It's been two and a half years since we've been together. Almost three years. For us to want to take things to the next level seemed plausible. I didn't think he was going to run away, frankly he made it known how badly he wanted to marry me within the first year. His mind was so set to me that he promised himself to me the way I promised myself to him. A gift I wanted to share with the person I would spend eternity with.

Emmett McCarty.

With him by my side, everything seemed within my grasp. The world was at the tip of my fingers. He almost made me feel invincible knowing his love shone for me. I was always eager for return whenever he'd go hunting or left to work on the railroads. Nothing bad ever happened to him whenever he left. Though I would always worry either way, much like his mother and sister.

My heart thumped against my chest violently as we neared my house. My mother had gone away with her cousin to Pigeon Forge for the next few days. She had departed earlier in the day. She didn't worry about Emmett's return. Frankly, she openly invited him to stay over if I got too lonely or afraid. Because of the wealth my father had before his passing, our house was larger than Emmett's. It intimidated him at first but overtime he gradually grew comfortable with the exquisite design of it.

I still hadn't told him the house was free for a few days.

"I'm going to have to shower." Emmett lifted his arm to sniff his arm pits. I chuckled at him as I opened the door for the both of us. He's come over often enough that he had his own drawer in my room. We both removed our shoes and left them by he door step and in an instant, he swept me off my feet.

"Emmett!!" I squealed in surprise by his sudden action. I forgot how badly I missed being held in his strong arms. He biceps were the size of both my legs. He lips kissed the top of my head as he carried me up the stairs with ease. I'll never get over how strong he is. I almost melted into his arms. I had zero care in the world for his sweaty body against mine. I'd just take a shower after him if anything. He tossed me on my large bed and found himself beside me. I turned over and stared into his baby blues.

"You are by far," Emmett grabbed a handful of my hair and put it over my face. "The most beautiful woman on this entire planet." I laughed at him as I lifted his shirt over his face in retaliation. "I love you Bradshaw."

"I love you McCarty."

[Author's Note: Figured I spice things up by throwing Sage and Emmett's past in the mix. It's not the last time we're peaking into their history together!]