24: inconvenient.

« I wish I could hurt you back. Love, what would you do if you couldn't get me back. You're the one who's gonna lose... Something so special, something so real. Tell me boy, how in the fuck would you feel? If you couldn't get me back. That's what I wish that I could do to you. »

"Alice told us you'd be flying back."

Emmett was the first to greet us as soon as we hit baggage claim. Rosalie stood not too far behind with her arms crossed and her signature resting mean face. I ran up to Emmett with open arms and smiled widely. I buried my face into his neck, actually happy to see them. I didn't give anyone a head's up we'd be coming, so this was a pleasant surprise. I could see a glint of jealously above Jasper's head as he collected our belongings. Fat chance I'd ever betray him like he did to me, so I felt his jealously was unjustified.

"She's probably keeping tabs on her precious Jasper." I snide while I glared daggers into him. The flight over was strenuous. I tried my best to keep my mind off the fact I had to confront the situation so soon. It was met with leg jiggling and the cold shoulder to Jasper. There were some days I couldn't even look at him. And the flight over was one of them.

"Good thing you decided to come. Now I don't have to deal with this human's party by myself." Rosalie huffed as she hugged me.

"I'm not going to despise her beside you. I actually don't mind her."

"Whatever. You know it's been difficult between Alice and me lately." She spoke quietly as she grabbed my hand to lead me towards the car. When I had went away the first time, Rosalie and Ferguson had developed a closer friendship. Their shared concern for me seeded a new bond between them they never thought to explore. The most defining moment had been when they both realized they'd been in Rochester around the same time. Ferguson knew the culprit for the serial killings of Royce King II and his gang had to be a vampire. Little did he know at the time that he'd meet the actual one who committed them.

Rosalie had confided in me for Alice's indifference towards Ferguson's death. She was livid at the fact she'd use him for her own personal gain. Ferguson could've sworn that was the love of his life. She was a big advocate of love. Clearly, with how much she adored Emmett. Though she had the ice cold exterior, she was truly a hopeless romantic. Emmett reaffirmed that when they had met. I envied her for getting past their qualms.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" I dug my hand into my tote bag. I pulled out the box that held a beautiful diamond and rock crystal necklace that nearly matched Rosalie's beauty. "I thought of you when I saw in Boucheron!" It was a jewelry store in Paris. Rosalie's eyes widened in surprise before she embraced me tightly.

"You really shouldn't have!" Rosalie gushed as her attention returned to the necklace. The ricochet necklace was inspired by pebbles that skipped across the water.