11 » teach

... { " Teach me how to be happy again. " }

The low hum of Chris' car engine calmed me, making my eyelids heavy. Despite sleeping over at his house- which was actually the best sleep I've ever had- I was still exhausted. I was exhausted from the fighting between my mum, Amy and I. I was exhausted from feeling worthless. I was exhausted from my chest tightening every time I saw Chris. Maybe it would be better if I just left.

As Chris slowed down to pull into my driveway, a sick feeling gurgled in the pit of my stomach. I wondered if Amy was still here, even though her car was gone.

Chris killed the engine and we both sat in the heavy silence for a while. "Did you want me to come in with you?" He asked.

I swallowed the dry lump on my throat and answered. "It's best that you never see me again."

"What are you talking about?" He faced me with confusion on his face, making me turn away. "Em..."

"Don't call me that! Don't you ever call me that name!" I yelled and buried my head in my hands. Only Amy has the right to call me that, not him.

"I-I'm sorry," he let out a long breath. "Why are you doing this?"

"I just want to leave and neve come back. I'm not happy here Chris, I was never happy. But when you came along, things changed, and I'm scared. I'm scared of change. I have to leave." I blurted out, a large weight started to weigh down my chest. I couldn't breathe and suddenly the walls of the car came closing in.

I need to get out of here, I need to get out now! I frantically thought as my fingers made their way to the door handle.

I wrestled open the door, ignoring Chris' questions of concern as I fell out of the car and crawled to the front door of my house. I felt so low, so weak, so afraid. What was happening to me? My breathing was violent and I stopped moving. I felt warm arms snake around my waist and pull me to my feet.

Chris held me until my violent breathing died down and I was able to stand. I stepped away from him and used my sleeve to wipe away the tears that leaked. "H-how can I be h-happy again?" I whispered between sobs.

He stepped closer, running his fingers down my cheeks as he traced my tears. "You can only be happy by the choices you make, and if you're surrounded by the people you love." He responded.

"Then teach me." I gazed into his dark green orbs that were glistening underneath the sunlight.

"What?"

"Teach me how to be happy again."

( Another update, yay! )