»epilogue«

My hair flowed effortlessly through the cool wind, the tips occasionally whipping my cheeks as I jogged down the path back home.

The sky was a clear blue, and the sun's rays cast down on me, making my skin heat up. My eyes traveled around the new town, not used to the lack of cars and stores as the farms and fields of the country surrounded me.

Ever since moving in with Amy and Jarred (who is now her fiancé) things have become more calm and quiet. I had no more nightmares, I didn't cry much anymore, and I was happy.

But I did miss him.

And the fact that I didn't get to say goodbye to him tore me apart.

Amy always said to me that even though Chris is gone, his love in my heart will never fade. She was right. When I moved here and went to the local high school, I wasn't bullied, but rather I grabbed the attention of many good looking guys. They would ask me out, even bring me gifts, but I turned them all down.

I couldn't just give Chris up so quickly. I'm still heart broken. I could never replace him. But recently there were little signs to tell me that I needed to move on.

A few days ago, fter turning down a guy that asked me out, I went home and found a small bird chirping on my windowsill. The bird, for some odd reason, had deep green eyes that stared at me. Memories of Chris hit me all at once, and his last words sprung to mind.

"Live with your sister and be happy..."

I knew then that he tried to tell me to move on and be happy without him. No matter how much I tried to disagree, he was right. I did need to move on, I had to at least try.

Chris will always watch over me from above, he will live in my heart and soul, and nobody would ever be like him. It was time to let go and be free. It was time to be happy.

A/N:

Okay, epilogue is up, tell me what you think :D

And a huge, massive thank you to everyone who commented, voted and read this story. I am truly grateful for all your support and wish you all much happiness :)

This is the end, and I wish it wasn't, but it is. I hope you all liked this ending!!

If you want, check out my other short stories. They each have a different meaning, just like this one (if you have figured it out). I would greatly appreciate it if you did :)

Stay true to yourself and believe you will be happy with the people you love <3 xxxx

~ Jess