13 » kiss

... { " I want to kiss you so badly. " }

Everything had stopped. It was like time was frozen, the air was still and all I could see was Chris' face. Those words... those beautiful words filled my stomach with fluttery creatures.

I kept gazing into his eyes, mesmerised by the sea of green. His lips were pressed together, worried about the long silence. "Em?"

"P-please, don't call me that." I stuttered.

"Oh, right sorry."

"When did you start to like me?" Why do you like me, was the question I wanted to ask him but couldn't.

He smiled softly, his eyes brightening before he answered. "When you sprayed ketchup all over me. When I first saw you, you were different. And not in a bad way, but in a good way. All the other girls I know would probably try to land a date with me if an accident like that happened, but you didn't. I couldn't stop thinking about you that day. The girl who sprayed the ketchup." We both chuckled humorously at the nickname. "To be honest, I kinda thought you were gonna run away from me when I told you about the..." He trailed off and his head focused on the ground.

I let my hand find its way to his and gripped it tightly. "How could I run away when you're the one who fixed me?"

He looks up at me and stares with wide eyes. Suddenly, he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into him, his chin resting on my shoulder. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"I do now."

We stayed like this for who knows how long. Just Chris and I, together. But what are we really? Yes Chris told me his feelings, but when will I tell him mine? I've never been in this situation before.

But he's helped you do so much.

I didn't realise Chris pulled away from me until I felt cold and lonely. His face was a mere few inches away from mine. I could feel his warm breath cascade down my cheeks. His gaze shifted down to my lips, then back up to my eyes. "I want to kiss you so badly." He whispered, sending shivers down my back.

"No one's stopping you."

He hesitated slightly before crashing his lips to mine.

( Ugh, sloppy chapter but needed to update for you guys. )