01.

"ain't never felt this way. can't get enough so stay with me."

he was the guy poets write about-- seulgi was sure of that. it was absurd to say that he got her falling in love at first sight, but there was something about him. 

something about him that made seulgi think, "ah, this guy has something special."

a couple of years later and she still thinks the same. still, she looks at him like he puts the stars in the sky to shame for he shines brighter than any of them. so bright that not even the sun can compare. 

with a smile on her face and a hand lazily drawing circles onto his back, she couldn't help but reminisce the old times-- the day she met him, to be exact. 

it was one pallid morning that she was spending at a nearby coffee shop, enjoying the sound of rain peacefully pouring down as she closed her eyes with her head leaning against the wall behind the single-seater sofa she claimed. 

"if you were any more specific, taehyung, maybe just a little bit more, i wouldn't be stuck in this damned cafe in the middle of a town i don't even know of--" 

seulgi's peaceful time was short-lived, however, when the chime rang, signalling that someone just came into the shop. even more when the obnoxious guy started grumbling into his phone-- a little too loud, at that. 

the said guy may have also noticed seulgi staring for he halted for a bit, turning his head and meeting the female's gaze. at this, she quickly looked away. 

"staring at other people.. how rude," the male mumbled to himself before heading straight to the counter to get him something warm in such a cold morning. 

"enjoy your coffee, sir," the barista politely directed to him with a smile when he had finished ordering; to which he returns the smile and takes the tray. 

seulgi didn't miss the way his eyes would turn into tiny little crescents when he smiles, lips upturning and emphasizing his chubby, red-tinted cheeks. 

he was definitely cute-- seulgi has to give him that. 

suddenly, the guy turned her way, meeting her gaze for the second time that day. blood rose to her cheeks and her head dipped down, trying to hide the blush on her face. 

he caught her staring. twice. 

and just when she thought she couldn't get more embarrassed, he started walking closer 

was he going to tell her off?

or was he going to say hi? 

ah, she wishes; yet it was neither. he got near, but he made a turn and went straight to the couch beside her-- much to her relief. 

not even long after he's settled on his seat, her eyes were quick to land on him again. he was like a magnet luring her in. 

he was donning a cap, a plain sweater, and skinny jeans, all black. was he perhaps heading to a funeral? 

as if she hadn't been staring too much, she did another round of scanning him from head to toe. he looks.. well, like a typical korean boy you would see around their neighborhood. 

she couldn't say he was tall. in fact, he was leaning more into the short side. for a guy, that is. he was definitely taller than her, nonetheless. his hands looked cute; albeit barely being able to clutch onto his phone. 

her eyes traveled higher and higher, until they were able to wander off to his eyes again. they were small, even more when he smiles-- they rather look like narrow slits sitting on his face but oh boy, was he adorable when he does that. 

bingo.

that was it. he may look typical, but it was his smile that made seulgi find him attractive and addicting. it was his smile that left her wanting more, staring and waiting in hopes of seeing another smile of his. 

from then on, she had pledged to herself: she'll do anything just to see him smile. no matter what it takes. 

"how do you expect me to get there, tae? i don't even  know this place."

seulgi's daydream was soon cut off when the guy spoke again, a lot softer this time. 

even his voice is cute. who is this man, really? 

"fine, fine. i'll find a way, bye." with that, he cut the line with a heavy sigh. 

seulgi wasn't one to listen to other people's conversations and as much as she feels bad for eavesdropping, she believes it would be alright if she offers a little help since the guy was obviously having problems with directions and his way around the place. 

and maybe, just maybe then, she could at least know his name. 

"ah, excuse me?" she started, "do you.. do you perhaps need help?"

for a second there, she thought the guy would simply ignore her. he stared at her for a little while with an uneasy look on his face before his lips twitched up into a sheepish smile, looking at her with hopeful eyes. 

"actually.. i could use some help. you see, i'm not very familiar with the place," he paused, followed by another sigh, "say, i'm kinda lost--"

it was her turn to flash him her eye-smile, eliciting a soft chuckle after hearing his words. 

"i see, i see. do you have the address to where you're heading to?" she asked and he quickly nodded, unlocking his phone before showing her the address flashing on the screen. 

seulgi nods, "hm, i see. it's just around here. we could walk our way there. although we should probably wait for the rain to stop first."

"ah.. ah.. yeah," he mumbled, feeling a bit flustered. his words to her earlier surely weren't nice and he feels bad for having bothered her this much despite that. 

"ah, by the way, my name's seulgi," the female introduced herself with a smile, offering a hand for him to shake-- which he takes almost immediately, flashing her that smile that got seulgi's heart leaping a mile. 

"jimin."

jimin. his name was jimin. 

and seulgi swears it was the most beautiful name she's ever heard. 

she couldn't bite back her smile as she remembers that day-- a gloomy one which park jimin managed to turn brighter. 

she felt jimin move, shifting his position and turning around so he would be facing her. his arms around her tightened and he held her closer against him. 

"hm, you're still awake?" he asked, voice a little raspy from the slumber he was previously in. 

she reaches for his hair and brushes his fringe away from his angelic face. "let's sleep," he says; and although his eyes were kept shut, it was obvious how his lips curved up.

a couple of years later and his smile was still her favorite.