10.

( i lied. it's not the end yet. )

═══════════════════════  

"oh, my heart hurts." 

"aren't you hungry?" seulgi asked as she gingerly sat down beside yejun who was the only one left sitting still with nothing to eat when all other students had begun munching on their lunch. 

the kid shook his head, jutting his lips into a small pout. "i am. but i don't like what daddy prepared," he whined quietly. 

the girl let out a soft laughter, shaking her head. "hm, would you like me to buy you something else, then?" she suggested, making yejun beam in agreement. 

seulgi took the kid's small hand and led them out of the room, heading towards the school canteen where she greets the cafeteria lady before ordering something for her and yejun to consume. 

"he really has your eyes," the lady commented, eyes fixed on yejun who was now getting comfortable in her arms as she carried him. 

she could only smile timidly, bowing her head and mumbling a simple "thanks" before putting yejun down to carry the tray. 

as they sat quietly in the almost-empty cafeteria (save for the few high school students who seulgi guessed were cutting classes), seulgi couldn't help but stare at the kid eating happily in front of her--her gaze particularly settling on his eyes. 

she quietly laughs. that lady must have been seeing things. the kid totally looks like his father. had they been born in the same year, they could even pass as twins. 

from head to toe, all three feet of him simply resembles jimin. 

"ah, that guy's genes are too strong," she thought to herself before resuming with her food. 

after barely an hour, the kids were finally dismissed and seulgi was walking towards the school gateswith yejun holding onto her hand. 

"did you have fun today?" she asks him with much glee in her eyes that the kid didn't fail to return with his eyes turning into tiny little crescents, lips upturning and emphasizing his chubby, red-tinted cheeks. just like jimin

"yes, i did!" he grinned, even throwing his fists up in the air to show his excitement. 

not long after, they spotted a car pulling up in front of them. a fine man stepped out of the driver's seat, donning a white dress shirt tucked in his pants and paired with a maroon tie.

there he was. 

it was obvious that he rushed there from work, judging by the way he looked so worn out. his eyes immediately lit up, however, after seeing his son. 

"daddy!" yejun called him with a huge smile, spreading his arms and waiting for a hug. 

"my baby!" he immediately jogged up to the little guy, picking him up and hugging him close. "how was today?" he asked.

"very good!" the child replied, even holding a thumb up. "i learned a lot today!"

jimin's visage radiated with a buoyant smile, patting his son's head. "good. i'll ask you about that later. but for now, we're going to visit mommy, okay?"

"really? we should bring her some flowers!" yejun's eyes widened in delight and jimin nodded in approval. he then crouched down to let yejun on his feet, holding the kid's hand in his. 

his eyes traveled towards the lady who was quietly standing beside them the whole time, sending a short-lived smile her way. 

"yejun and i will get going now. thank you for taking care of him, teacher kang." 

they nodded at each other and seulgi returned the small wave yejun gave her before they both walked back to jimin's car. 

teacher kang 

funny, wasn't it? how she used to be mrs. park, and now she's nothing but a teacher kang. 

trying to hold back her tears for what seemed to be the millionth time since they parted ways, she watched his back walking away from her slowly. and it reminds her of how he started to stray— slow. painfully slow. 

she honestly thought it was going to be forever. the moment he popped the question and wore a ring on her finger, she thought that nothing could ever go wrong.

don't we all? when we fall deeply in love, we fail to see any other possibilities for we are blinded by empty promises and feelings that are bound to change. 

the truth is, love is but an illusion that people create to satisfy their desperate cravings for affection— for validation. 

for to be loved was to be important. 

maybe seulgi wasn't important. 

nevertheless, she had no right to complain— all she asked for when they decided to become their own people was for him to be as happy as he deserves to be. even if it wasn't with her.

for she promised to do anything to see his smile. no matter what it takes.

had she been born again, she'd never do it any different. she'd still choose him over and over and over..

and although her heart may hurt, she still loves him. so bad, so bad

═══════════════════════  

( pls don't kill me. i am but a lover of pain ; ; ah, i just wanna thank everyone who's been reading this! especially those who make themselves known. i really appreciate it a lot! )