07.

"and you need to know that nobody could take your place, your place."

"will you stop breathing so loudly?" with her forehead all furrowed and nose scrunched up, seulgi snapped her head towards jimin who was looking back at her wide-eyed.

he then quickly reasons out, "but i'm not even-" 

all it took was seulgi's glare to shut him up, sighing as he leaned back on his seat and tried not to "breathe so loudly".

at times like this, jimin couldn't help but think he deserves an award for not losing his patience. he couldn't even imagine being able to put up with all this at least once a month if it wasn't for seulgi. but he knew well that loving seulgi would also mean having to love all her sides-- even her grumpy and moody one.

he looks over at her, smiling foolishly at how she's stuffing her mouth with chips, eyebrows almost knitting together. 

"what?" there she goes again. is he staring too loudly at her this time?

he only laughs softly, shaking his head. "nothing, it's just that you look so cute."

"yeah, you say that about every girl," she huffs, crossing her arms and making jimin stare at her in confusion. "when did i ever-"

"then why did you greet mina a good morning, huh?!" she bawled at him with much annoyance, picking up the pillow beside her and throwing it to the other side of the couch where jimin was. 

jimin raised his arms to shield himself from the flying objects she was hurling at him. how it relates to him calling seulgi, or any girl (as she claims), cute was a mystery to him; but he explains himself anyway. "what's wrong with that? it's only polite."

"polite, huh?" she scoffs in disbelief, muttering through gritted teeth, "what? you'll greet her a good morning then you'd be asking for her number just to be polite?!" 

at this point, she already ran out of pillows she could hit him with and so she opts to throwing her fists. although her hits felt barely a tap to him, he scurried away and hid behind the couch in fear for his life. 

"what are you saying? you were there, how could i even do that?" 

"so if i wasn't there you'd really do it, huh?!" at the realization that seulgi interpreted his words wrong, his small eyes widened as he started shaking his head and waving his hands dismissively. "no no, that's not-" "you'd really ask for her number?!" 

palms pressed together and eyes shut, he started calling every known saint as he begs them to spare his life, preparing himself to get hit or stabbed to death.

but instead, he hears sobbing. he slowly opened one eye, followed by the other. he spots her sitting on the floor with her arm covering her eyes and shoulders bouncing as she wept. 

he blinked a few at the sight. what has he done now? carefully, he walked over to her and ran his hand along her back in a soothing way. "h-hey, don't cry."

"you don't love me anymore," she said between sobs.

"that's not true-"

"you love mina now. you don't love me anymore," her weeping only got louder-- like a child who got her candy taken away.

if seulgi wasn't crying, jimin would've laughed at how childish it was; but he figured it wasn't the best time for that. he could always laugh at her later on, anyway.

"shh, no, that's not true," he hushed her, gently wrapping his arms around her upper body as he pulls her closer to him. "i love you and only you." 

"really?" she looks up at him, face all wet from all the crying she did. jimin nods and she questions again, "you won't greet her a good morning anymore?"

he laughed and reached to wipe her tears away, nodding once again, "if that's what my princess wants, then no more."

seulgi knew she was being silly and immature. it was a simple "good morning", for fuck's sake, but it was satan's waterfall talking. she enveloped him in her arms as well, head resting on his shoulder and soon falling asleep-- probably growing tired of all the fits she threw. 

it was moments like this that made her realize: nobody else could put up with her like he does. nobody.

and it's one of the many reasons why she couldn't see herself with anybody else.