04.

"and you need to know that you keep me up all night, all night."

wherever jimin was, you could guarantee seulgi would be there too. they were like two peas in a pod whom you could barely separate. it only makes sense that they find situations like this particularly difficult to adjust to. with seulgi being back home in korea, while jimin is at the other side of the world. the sun sets for him only to rise for her; but the string that attaches them is strong enough to hold them together. 

seulgi was already under the covers, all snuggled up as she held her phone close to her. at the other end of the line is jimin, in the same position with sunlight beaming in strips only to illuminate his perfectly sculpted face. 

"you look tired, baby," jimin notices with a small pout, suddenly feeling guilty for holding her up this late when the girl obviously had a long day. "please get some sleep."

in response, seulgi just hummed a soft tune and shook her head. "this is the first time we've seen each other in a week. you can't expect me to trade that for sleep." 

it was true;  if there's anything seulgi loves more than being in her bed all day and sleeping, it was jimin. 

"you're so stubborn," he clicked his tongue before eliciting a chuckle. "but i won't complain. i'd love to stare at your face for longer."

"ah, you should've told me. i would've just sent you a picture instead," seulgi replied, earning laughter from both of them. 

there was silence after that-- a comfortable one-- as they stare at each other with smiles painted on their faces. 

"i miss you.." she broke out in a soft voice amidst silence. it saddens her that although she could see him right now, it would never be enough; for all she was pining for was to be in his arms again. "i miss you too," he replied. 

"you know i'll be back very soon, right?" he told her with a reassuring smile, "you know i can't be away from you for long." 

she nodded her head, "i know. but i can't help but miss you still."

"i'm sorry. say, how about i make it up to you, hm? as soon as i get there we'll go on dates. how does that sound?" he beamed, which seulgi mirrored, "yes please!"

at that, jimin couldn't help but miss his baby even more. he couldn't wait to get back to her and run into her arms. if he only could, he'd dive into his screen and cage her in his strong arms.

"alright, alright," he laughed, "but for now, you should sleep. it's getting late there."

the clock read 3:45 yet she was wide awake, contented simply by looking at his face. 

"ah, wait," seulgi interrupted just when jimin was about to end the call. "can you.. uhm.. keep the line going?"

jimin's eyebrows were quirked up in curiosity, which seulgi was quick to feed as she continued, "i want you to be the first thing i see when i wake up."

there was a lovestruck smile that jimin couldn't seem to wipe off. nodding, he could only comply, "alright," before seulgi had drifted off to sleep. 

and she didn't need to remind him that she loves him; instead, she tells him he was her favorite thing to wake up to.