09.

( i'm really in love with this song. as you can see, i even made a whole story about it. ty jjk kasjhdkajhf i'm just bringing my inspiration back in here! )

═══════════════════════  

"oh, my heart hurts so good. i love you, babe, so bad, so bad." 

it seems like all that seulgi had been doing recently was counting the days and hours since she last talked to jimin. 

no, he didn't run away from home and no, he didn't break up with her. 

one would think that would be the worst-case scenario but it appeared like something else was more unpleasant than a break-up: watching the man you love lose interest in you. 

seulgi wasn't blind nor was she numb. it might not be in the form of words but he made it as clear as day that his feelings had changed. he would leave so early in the morning before she even wakes up and go home late when she's already fast asleep. 

often times-- when she doesn't feel too tired from her classes-- she would wait up for him by the living room, thinking maybe he would want to come home to his girlfriend awaiting him. but boy, was she wrong; for the moment he steps inside their home, he would wave a dismissing hand and tell her he was "exhausted".

all she could do was cry as she floods her mind with thoughts that weren't so desirable. was he getting tired of her? was she getting too boring? did he find someone new? she knows oh so well that jimin wouldn't do such a thing but as impossible as it may sound, she sometimes thinks that maybe he's cheating on her. 

seulgi doesn't know what has gotten into her when one day, she decided to follow jimin and figure out his whereabouts. she pretended to be asleep when he woke up and got ready to leave, only following suit once he's gone out the door.

she took a cab and ordered the driver to tail jimin's car. if he wasn't heading to the university then she would probably lose her mind. 

and she was right. her heart raced like crazy as his car made a turn when the university was straight ahead. she got off the cab and handed some bills she didn't even bother to count as soon as jimin stopped by a cafe. 

she stood behind a post-- close enough to get a clear view of him but far enough for him not to notice her watching figure. he took a step.. and another.. and another.. leading himself towards a table with a lady who seemed to be waiting for him.  he sat in front of her with a bright smile on his face-- one she hasn't seen for a while now. 

when the girl turned her head to call for a waiter, her heart stopped and tears started rolling down her cheeks one after another as she clamped her hand over her mouth.

mina

she didn't need to see more; what she saw was enough to shatter her heart into pieces

but she knew, no matter how many times he even tries to break her heart, she would always willingly pick up the pieces and put them back onto his hands. 

that night, when jimin arrived home, he wasn't even a bit surprised to see seulgi sitting by the couch, smiling at him. 

"jimin," she calls him and this time, he doesn't even feel the need to reason out that he was exhausted. instead, he walks over to her and occupies the space beside her.