03.

"and you need to know, you're the only one, alright alright."

"are we going over this again? haven't i told you so many times that he's nothing more than a friend?!" 

with an exasperated sigh, she slumped on the couch with a scowl on her face. this is the last thing she wanted to come home to. 

"was there really a need for him to drive you home?"

"it was getting late. he insisted--"

"and you let him! you know how i feel about that guy!"

that shut her up. her tongue was tied and all she could do was stare at him in disbelief. most of the time, seulgi admired jimin's ability to hold true to his belief but that moment was an exception-- she felt the exact opposite. he won't even hear her explanation.

"listen," she starts after a long silence full of sighs, trying to sound as calm as possible. "we had to stay for a little longer because we had a mountain of paperwork we had to go over and he felt bad about letting me go home alone at this hour. he told me to call you to come fetch me but you weren't picking up your phone nor answering my texts. are you really one to get mad at me right now?" 

she sprung up, a disappointed look was on her face as her eyes started to water. "now, if the fact that he drove me home is more important than my safety, then maybe the problem is with you."

with that, she fled and stormed into their bedroom, instantly diving into the sheets and hiding herself as she wept. 

they've fought about the same trivial matter way too many times for seulgi's liking and she's getting tired of it. not only was he being irrational, he's being insensitive as well. couldn't he just be thankful that she came home safe?

that night, seulgi cried herself to sleep. 

that night, jimin couldn't sleep knowing seulgi's upset at him. 

he admits jealousy clouded his judgment and that he was being unreasonable. she was right. if anything, he should be thankful that she arrived home whole. he acknowledges his fault and after reflecting on it, he realized he was simply too afraid to lose her. 

seulgi was in the middle of her deep slumber when she felt an arm carefully snaking around her waist. the room was dark and she could barely see anything; but she didn't need to. the way he caged her in his arms was enough to tell her it was jimin. 

turning around to face him, she leaned into his warmth and caught him in her embrace. they stayed like that for a while, dead silence enveloping the room, save their even breathing and ringing heartbeats. 

"i'm sorry," he finally spoke, voice quiet and controlled, sounding like music to her ears. 

"i was being unreasonable.. i'm sorry," he said with a sigh while seulgi kept her mouth shut and let him speak his mind. "no reason would ever be good enough to justify why i raised my voice like that."

he took a deep breath, his fingers fiddling with the fabric of her shirt. "this may sound cliché but i'm afraid to lose you. there are lots of people out there who are just like me, maybe even better. i know i'm nothing special and it would be selfish to ask you to settle for less than what you deserve but i really wish you'd never replace me. you deserve everything lovely and i'm nothing like that.. i'm afraid you'd find what you're looking for in other people.."

the thought of seulgi falling in love with somebody else breaks his heart into a million pieces. there was no way he would be able to bear it. 

"do i sound petty?" he couldn't help but scoff at himself. "i'd just hate it if you were to ever realize that he's better looking, or that he could treat you better. maybe he's even fun--" 

he lost the chance to continue what he was saying when his words were cut off the moment seulgi's lips landed on his, shutting him up. 

why would he ever need words when the way her lips moulded against his already sufficed-- their lips moving in perfect sync with each other.

as much as they'd hate to cut the contact, they were forced to as they were out of breath; and seulgi took this opportunity to speak, "how could i ever find someone better when i already have the best?" 

there was an exchange of loving smiles, both of them not being able to wipe it off even until their lips collided again. 

and she didn't need to say it, for he already knows that he'll always be the only one.