05.

"mad cool in all my clothes, mad warm when you get close to me."

bottles of soju of were being passed around and laughter resounded in the shared home of jimin and seulgi. they were having a small reunion with their high school friends, catching up and recalling stories from high school. 

just when seulgi was about to pour herself some soju, seungwan was quick to snatch the glass away from her grasp. "yah, we can't let you drink or you'll end up murdering a fly this time!" with that, sounds of laughter rang in the room again and seulgi could only pout. 

eyes crinkling as he laughed, jimin wrapped his arm around seulgi's shoulder and reached to place a peck on her cheek. 

"wasn't seulgi popular with both boys and girls too? she was such a cool kid in high school," hoseok commented, going back to their topic of who had the most admirers. (which seokjin insists the title belongs to him.)

jimin could be heard scoffing, "cool kid, my ass," followed by a smack from seulgi. 

"what? i really was pretty popular!" she retorted in defense. 

"yeah, but you were head over heels for me," he simply replied with a smug smile on his face, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. 

seungwan was quick to add, "hah! i remember her slipping love letters into his locker."

the female glared at both her bestfriend and her boyfriend while still keeping her innocent facade. "listen, the only reason i was so interested in him was because he was new and i knew him, alright."

she tried to convince them but it was safe to say it wasn't effective-- all of them knew how in love seulgi was with jimin even back then. 

it was the day seulgi was diring for: the second semester of their senior year. the first one was stressful enough, she'd be losing her sanity soon enough if she was to ever face that much workload again. 

as she pads down the hallway leading to her assigned room, there was a noticeable amount of students showering her with greetings and kind smiles. everyone was familiar with her and she was, indeed, pretty popular. 

kang seulgi-- as perceived by other students-- was that laid-back chick everyone wants to be friends with. she was barely bothered by anything, let alone get involved with drama-- especially boy drama. while other girls her age are ready to kill just to get someone to fool around with and brag about, seulgi didn't give a single damn about the opposite sex and simply focuses in what she was supposed to be doing: studying. 

that was, until a certain park jimin entered the picture.

their first meeting was their last meeting. they ended up parting ways after they arrived at the lost guy's destination but of course, not without exchanging their numbers; and although this may sound convenient, the both of them kept on waiting for the other to hit them up first. they both waited until it got buried in the back of their mind. 

unbeknownst to her, she was up for a great surprise. for when their classroom door slid open, a familiar figure came into sight. 

"jimin.." she mumbled under her breath, the frown on her face turned upside down. 

"hello, i'm park jimin! i transferred here from busan so please take care of me!" there it was again, the smile that made seulgi's heart skip a thousand beats. 

that was the day laid-back seulgi transitioned into lovestruck seulgi.

jimin would often catch her staring during lectures, her mind wandering off to places with a foolish smile on her visage. it started from this, until the time came that whenever she was about to stare, she'd find out that he already was. she swears all the blood in her body had situated on her face. 

they became close friends with sealed feelings for each other. she knew it wasn't healthy to be falling in love that quick but she let her guard down.

they say it was simply puppy love, it'll fade soon; but even after a couple of years of being together, she still feels the butterflies in her stomach. 

with a sigh, she rolled her eyes and admitted her defeat. "fine, fine, whatever."

"i'm glad you fell in love with me," he replied with a genuine smile, wrapping his arms around her again. 

and she, too, was glad she fell in love with him. for he was the greatest gift she ever received.