Chapter 12

"Hi Jessy. Just my norm please. Oh, and give these lot something decent. They've been at the procession all morning and we didn't get breakfast." It was a lie. We had managed to get breakfast but I was a nice person, right? Jessy nodded and went to make us something. I looked at Mitch, Scott and Kirstie and found them staring at me, amazed. "Just because I act all tough doesn't mean I can't be nice every now and then." I fought off the urge to add in the 'Besides, I like to help my brother and friends.' No. I couldn't do that. Maybe once I meet Jenna, then I'll be able to say something. At least, that's what I hoped. Jessy came back carrying a tray. Each plate was covered with a silver tin so that we weren't able to see the food underneath. It was just like in post restaurants. I led her to a table in the corner where we sat down. It was nice to spend time with people my own age and people who I could easily get along with. That was one bad thing about this school. All the boys here hated me so I never really got to hang out with people. Jessy lifted the tins to reveal three streaming bowls of carrot and potato soup, plus my usual chicken and stuffing sandwiches. Perfect. My stomach growled loudly, causing all four of us to start laughing again. "Oh my God. I did not think I was this hungry." I scoffed. What the hell? I've never wanted to eat this much before. We sat in silence as we greedily filled our faces.  I smiled into my food. This was so good. I finished before the others. By that time, there were already other people eating with us. I really wanted something else but Jessy wouldn't let me get anything as the other people were only allowed a certain amount. I grumbled inaudibly. "What do you guys want to do after you've finished?" I asked to my companions.
Scott shrugged."I don't know. We normally just go back to the dorms." I rolled my eyes. Of course they did.
"Well. We can either go up there into my room." They lit up. The prospect of going into my room obviously intrigued them. "Or, I can show you one of the secret training areas and teach you how to use it." They halted. That seemed to intrigued them more. I wasn't really meant to show anyone else so I could, potentially, get very told off. "Actually," their faces fell, "I don't know if I can let you in there but if we go up to my room, I can point it out for you instead. But, you have to promise not to tell anyone." They nodded, smiling again. "Well come on then." I laughed, feeling slightly bad for getting their hopes up.

We ran up to the rooms, laughing the entire way. When we arrived, I noticed a second year stood outside my door. He snapped into a flawless position, "Soldier Lunkorc, ma'am. A notice from the General." He held out the letter. I took it from him but before I could thank him, he ran off, back down the corridor. I hoped I knew what this notice was about and was eager to open it and find out. But, I placed it, carefully, in my pocket so I could spend time with the buzzing people that stood next to me. I grabbed the key from around my neck and inserted it into the brass key hole. "Stay out here a second. Just need to make sure you can actually see the floor in here." I laughed but trailed off before it became a fully formed sound. That was a lie. And one of the biggest lies I've told to them. I always keep my room spotless, which isn't very hard as I dont spend a lot of time in there. Sighing, I turned on the lights and hid certain items, including a old family photo of me, Mitch and Jenna together, into a drawer. I heard the trio chatting loudly outside. "Ok. You can come in now." The door creaked open but nobody entered fully. I turned and chuckled at the sight of their faces. They were standing, looking totally amazed at the sight in front of them. I had done a little more decorating since the beginning of the year so now there was a deep purple paint on one wall; my desk had a little, black lamp stood on the top shelf, looking down on the smaller trinkets, and I had hung some art and posters on the wall next to my bed.
"Oh wow." I heard one of them say. They only said it under their breath so determining which member of the trio it was, was impossible.
"Wow indeed." Kirstie smiled. "Cassi," she looked over to where I was standing, "This is amazing. And totally unfair." She pouted. Cute. Mitch and Scott nodded and followed suit, pouting playfully. They were all so cute.
I giggled, "Well, come in then." I grabbed a small, black remote and pressed the power button, turning on the stereo. The trio yelled as Beyoncé started singing Halo.

We danced and sung along, laughing at our crazy moves. We were all crying with laughter until my radio vibrated at my side. The second the I felt it, I grabbed the remote and turned the music off. I saw everyone's faces fall.
"Lunkorc. Everyone needs to get out of the dorms immediately. Come down to the climbing wall immediately. Copy?" I looked quizzically at my radio.
"Copy. Sir." I grabbed the rest of my uniform, pulled it on and grabbed the door handle. I jerked my hand back as a burning heat seared through my skin. "Shit." I grabbed a small bag and picked a few things from my shelved and drawers, and chucked them in.
"What's going on? Is everything ok?" Scott asked, voice shaking. I shook my head as I reached into my wardrobe. I clutched my gloves and slipped them on. "Go straight outside. That's an order."