Chapter 18

I said that it was going to be good. It was a lot better than good. It was bloody brilliant! I hadn't eaten that well in ages. It was so much better than anything that we ever had here. It was even better than the huge meals that my father would make for some sort of event. There was chicken and stuffing and roast potatoes and sprouts and, basically, every trimming there was. Then there was the flaming, literally, pudding and ice creams. We were all totally full by the end of it. Everyone over 18 had drunk a little bit as well, some a lot more than others. The Cadet Master looked completely off of his rocker, he was so drunk. I wouldn't be surprised if he spontaneously combusted with the levels of alcohol inside of him. He was the worst but some of the older adults weren't far off either. I looked over to my boyfriend who was holding a glass of lemonade. He had drunk about half a glass during the lunch so he was just very calm and happy but not totally plastered. He grabbed my left hand, the one closest to his side and the piece of mistletoe from under the table. Now, I am aware that this sounds really cheesy but, I swear this was how it appeared to happen. In a sudden slow-mo moment, Jay pulled his hand from under the table and lifted the sparkling plant above our heads. He put one finger under my chin, pulling it closer to him. I felt our lips connect and sparks, metaphorically, fly. I could hear whooping and cheers from everyone around us as well as some gasps, presumably from the younger ones with us. W split apart, faces only millimetres from each other's and beaming. "I love you." I whispered. He didn't  reply but placed small, delicate,fairy-like kisses on both of my cheeks to show that he felt the same way.

I'm sorry that this is so short but I've lost motivation with this at the moment cuz there's a lot going on and this just isn't a priority. Sorry guys!

Kyra xx