chapter 15 pt.1

4 months later

Hakeems pov

I woke up with Laura on my chest I stared at the wall and started to think am I doing the right thing? I know I still wanna be in my baby girls life cause I don't want her to grow up without a father.

I just don't know cause i love Laura but I WILL ALWAYS LOVE Y/N. But I know she ain't feelin me too much right now so I'll just wait my turn.

Just then my alarm went off it flashed a picture of baby girl and y/n saying Delani' s first birthday. I was excited to see Delani today and y/n. But let me get up and get going.

Y/n pov

This morning I woke up in Bryson's arms. I'm so lucky to have a man like him but I kinda got this weird gut feeling about today.

But its my baby girls birthday she is turning 1 I'm so happy and sad because my baby is growing up. Which reminds me Bryson's birthday is coming up.

Today is a pretty chill day until around 4 when Delani's party starts. I really dont want to see Hakeem and his "gal" today. But that is her daddy and im not going to stop him from being in his daughters life.

Later that day

Bryson's pov

Y/n got me in here tryna decorate all this girly shit that i don't know nothing about. If it was me she would have got a cake and presents at home.

But no we have to get an event space and everything has to be perfect for what she aint gon remember it. But anything for my babies.

Y/n pov

About 20 mins after we finished decorating people started showing up but no Hakeem. Then a whole hour passed and still no HAKEEM! At this point I was pissed.

I tried not to show it in my face for my daughter but he was getting the best of me. Another 10 mins passed and finally the whole Lyon family decides to show up.

But what stood out was Laura's left hand she had a nice sized diamond ring on her ring finger.

I honestly didn't know how to feel but still pissed that they are more than an hour late. As soon as they saw me they all started smiling real hard.

I knew why, they were trying to get me to come over and ask where they had been and so they can tell me the news. But I wasn't going to play into their games today.

So I just returned the gesture with a smile and went to sit by my daughter. It was her day after all they don't need to still her shine.

She was so cute in her pants romper I was taking pictures all day. And her hair Bryson suggested cause he saw it on Instagram and just thought I could do anything.

That shit took me almost an hour cause she is really small but she would not be still. And she just has too much god damn hair.

Last month she started walking and I was just a mess. Bryson had to sit me down and tell me she is supposed to grow up and everythings gonna be okay like I was the child.

I kinda always imagined having these moments with Hakeem but I guess not. He had bearly seen Delani in the past 3 months. Which makes me want to reconsider moving back.

But I couldn't do that to Bryson he means to much to me. And he has been an amazing father to Delani and I couldn't ask for anything better.

The Lyon family decided to come speak finally after realizing I wasn't going over there to kiss their ass.

"Hey y/n, how have you been?" Cookie asked with a smirk wanting me to return the question. But with me being the smart ass I am that wasn't going to let that happen.

"Oh hey, I've been real good lately just trying to plan for Bryson's birthday in 2 weeks." "We'll probably go out of country to Valencia so he can meet some of my family and you know have some fun" I winked at Bryson.

The Lyon family looked shocked because I never ever let Hakeem meet my family in Valencia. I always said the person I take to meet my family in Valencia is going to be the person I marry.

Hakeem looked at me with cold eyes like I betrayed him or something.

10 mins later we decided it was time to open up gifts if we thought she had too many toys and clothes and shoes we were mistaken.

But when it came to open up Hakeem and Laura's last gift they all were smiling really hard. I didn't understand why.

It was a beautiful dress and all but what? "We would like Delani to wear it our wedding as the flower girl

It was a beautiful dress and all but what? "We would like Delani to wear it our wedding as the flower girl." Laura said smiling real hard.

"Oh yeah congratulations I forgot to tell you early when I saw it on Instagram." They looked shocked and then Bryson asked to see me out in the hallway.

"Wassup bae?"

"Just tryna see what's up with you"
"Why I'm good"

"You sure cause just a second ago it looked like you was ready to beat her ass in there"

"Trust me baby I'm good just wait till we get back home and I'll show you how good I am"

I knew that was gonna turn him on and honestly I was mad but the best sex is angry sex. 😉

Tbc...

I know, I know it's been too long but school is out. But I'm sad to say this part 1 of the end but don't forget this is a Hakeem book so there will be a sequel to this probably in mid or late June but...

Comment 💜
Vote💙