Prologue

"Are you sure about this, Natalie?" Anika paused and looked at me worriedly.

"Yes. Now please continue." I then closed my eyes and thought about the things that's gonna happen when I get there.

She nodded while setting the date exactly to 16 years from now and the location to where Rihanna lived. She went to me and gave me a thing which looked like a walkie talkie.

"What's this for?" I asked while examining the object. "Is this a walkie talkie or something?"

"No. It's an advanced type of phone which could send and receive waves through different dimensions allowing-" She stopped talking once she saw me scrunch up my face, looking at her confusedly. "What?"

"You're talking all sciency and stuff." I laughed. "But seriously, why did you give me this?"

"So that I could keep track." She said. "And so that I could talk to you." She added.

"You could do that?" I asked, amazed at the information.

"Yup." She said and went back to the controller.

You know, Anika was really a good friend. She had helped me through everything and when I told her that if only there was a way that I could meet my idol Rihanna, she then gave me the suggestion of going back to time because it would be a lot easier with the fact that I could have her to myself, and that she could build me a time machine.

At first, I didn't believe her because I knew it was impossible. But then my curiosity strikes in. I wondered if it could actually happen. She told me that it could so I challenged her to build me one.

On the past couple of months we started working on it. After it was done, we experimented it. Who knows if it actually works. On the first try, it didn't work.

We keep experimenting and retrying until it actually did work. We finished testing it yesterday and I decided to travel today.

I couldn't believe that we actually built this, well mostly her. That's right, my bestfriend was a freaking genius! I was proud at her and myself too.

"You okay, Nat?" She snapped, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Uh... y-yeah." I replied.

She reached for the lever to push it, but I stopped her. "Wait! Not before I say goodbye." I got down from the machinery and went to her, hugging her tightly. "I'm really, really gonna miss you Anika. Thank you for all the things you've done for me."

"You're welcome." She said lowly, tears coming down from her weary eyes down to her cheeks. "I hate to break the moment, but when are you gonna be back?" She pulled away, wiping her tears.

"I don't know yet. But I know this is not gonna be the last time we're gonna see each other." I replied, walking back to the machine. "Now please continue."

"Okay, but not before you promise me that you were never gonna forget me." She said. "And also promise me not to forget to go back here... in the present." She added.

I raised my right hand up, high enough to perform a promising speech. "I Natalie Wilson, promise not to forget my bestfriend Anika Owen and also not to forget to go back to my real time." I put my hands down.

"Okay, I love you Nat." She smiled and pulled the lever.

"I love you-" I cut off, mainly because I was already traveling. I moved and moved around until I was completely comfortable.

***

The experience was horrifying. It was like the world wiggling out of you, like me orbiting back to Earth in a counter clockwise direction, opposite from the direction it was rotating. I almost can't breathe, like I'm in outer space, not that I know the feeling but still, it's horrifying.

I felt like I traveled for almost like forever, but then it stopped. It made a beeping sound and that's enough sign for me to go out. I reached for the door handle and got out of the machinery. What I saw was amazing, it was like the old-fashioned life.

"I-is this B-barbados?" I said to my self, slightly stuttering because of the amazement. I have never been here before, but I knew where she lived. I had located her address before I left and saved it to my notepad.

I pulled out my phone that was in my pocket and opened my notes to find her address hanging around there somewhere. I scrolled and scrolled down until I finally saw it. I am the type of person who makes sure everything that's important was saved so there's no surprise if I kept a lot of notes in my notepad.

I asked a couple of folks but it seems like no one seems to know the address until I asked this one person and then he directed me the direction of where the house was. I knew what her house looked like. I had searched it through the internet and kept it in my photos.

"Wow." My mouth formed a perfect 'o' and I approached the door. I was about to knock, but then I stopped myself. "No, not yet." I whispered to myself and turned around.

The door suddenly opened. I was shocked but I stayed completely still.

"Um..." A very familiar yet young voice filled my ears. I turned around and saw the person whom I was looking for this whole time. "W-who are you?" She stuttered, looking over me with confused eyes.

I turned around again and ran as fast as I could ignoring her callings and headed through the bush nearby, hiding completely.

"Well that wasn't bad for a starter." I said to myself sarcastically, completely upset about what I just did. I sighed and stood up once she went back inside.

I head back to the time machine and stayed there, still thinking about what to do next. I was new to this. I never really prepared myself to meet a star like her, but guess what?

I just did.