Chapter 7

"Natalie, please help me." Anika silently cried as she slowly backed up at the wall.

She was in a dark alley, surrounded by men who were in suits that I couldn't even recognise, but it looks so futuristic.

They honestly look like they were soldiers with all the guns and fancy equipments, the only difference is that they were in a white suit.

"Listen, we just want to know where your friend is." The men demanded.

Anika shook her head rapidly. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"We know that you were the young lady who invented the time machine." The men stated.

Her eyes bulged. "Wait, how-."

"Because we are from the future." The men cut her off. "There's no point in denying, just tell us where she is or else."

"Or else what?" She challenged.

The men sighed deeply. "Or else the future will be no more."

"What do you mean?" Anika asked curiously.

"We mean that the future that beholds us will no longer exist because of what you have done." The men explained.

"Me?" Anika asked in disbelief.

"Yes. You and you're friend are the ones who are responsible for this mess." They said coldly. "If she changes anything, even the least bit from the past, the future will change, which results in us not existing. That's why we need to know the location of your friend so that we can bring her back to her present time. After all, without the past, there is no future."

"O-ok. What do you want to know?" Anika asked looking between the men.

"The year and her location." They said.

"16 years from now which is 2001 and her location is... Barbados." Anika sighed deeply. "Can you please give her more time. This is her dream and... and I don't want to ruin it for her."

"Well how about this. We give you exactly 48 hours to tell your friend and transport her back here or we could just get her ourselves." The men offered.

Anika's eyes lit up and she nodded rapidly. "Yes, thank you very much."

After that, the men left and Anika..