Chapter 1

Rihanna's POV

Earlier today, there was a girl who knocked on my door. She seemed a bit mysterious and a bit weird because the second I spoke to her, she quickly ran to hide somewhere. I mean, I could've followed her, but I didn't know where she went so I came back inside.

She looked like my age, but a bit taller. I had noticed that her skin tone was not really that dark, it was a bit tan but you could notice that there was a shade of white mixed in it.

Here in Barbados, people have a skin tone that's a bit darker than her, way darker. They even considered me as white, but I consider myself as light-skinned. So I came to a conclusion that she is not from here.

I heard the door open and close, bringing me out of my thoughts. It then revealed my mom. I stood up and went to her, bringing the back of her hand up against my forehead. We do those to elders and to people who are older than us as a sign of respect.

I put her hand back down and see that she had bought grocery. She handed me the bags so I grabbed it and put it in the kitchen. I went back to the living room and told her about the girl.

"Mom, there was a girl who knocked on the door..." I trailed off as we sat on the couch. "And I think she's not from here."

"Really?" She raised her eyebrows. "How would you know that?"

"Know what?" I asked, I did not know what she meant.

"That she was not from here." She replied.

"Because she was white." I said.

"Even whiter than you?" She joked.

"Mom, I'm not white. I'm light-skinned, remember?" I reasoned out.

"Alright Robyn. I'm just gonna go and make some breakfast." She stood up and went to the kitchen.

I stood up and went to my room. I decided that I should relax myself a bit since it was still Sunday. I might as well just worry about school tomorrow.

I sat on my bed and quickly stood up when I saw something from outside my window. I went to the window and peeked through it.

Sure enough, I saw a weird object which is shaped like a cylinder, but it's gigantic. Even though it's a bit far, I could still make out even the least detail. It has a little door and a small window attached to it.

I'm not that sure, but I think it was covered in foil. It seems like a person could fit in it which is pretty cool because I have never seen anything like it before.

I wanna check it out, but I think I can't because my mother won't allow me. She's a bit strict, especially when we're talking about boys.

"Books Before Boys"

She always tells me that motto which I stick to all the time. It's not just because she told me to follow it, it's also because it's true.

I must focus to school first before I even think about boys. Besides, I'm still turning 13 and to be honest I still wanted my dreams to come true.

How I wish to be famous and actually make my parents proud.

I could only imagine people screaming my name.

If only I had money to buy myself anything I want.

I sighed as thoughts came scrambling through my head. It may be random, but it all leads to the same thing. Being Successful.

My stomach rumbled loudly, pulling me out of my thoughts. I had forgotten about breakfast and I sure was starving now that I remembered.

As if on cue, my mother called out to me. "Robyn! Breakfast!" I then hurriedly went to the kitchen.

Once I arrived at the kitchen, my eyes landed on the newly cooked breakfast. I licked my lips, the food looks so good.

"Man, I can't wait to eat!" I said as I sat down on the table. I stretched my hand to reach for the food, but failed when my mother batted my hands away.

"Pray first." She simply said.

"Fine."

Natalie's POV

"Keep it together, Natalie." I mumbled, trying to keep myself calm.

I had grew hungry over these past few hours. I did not think this through. I packed gadjets, clothes, and everything I may need, but not food.

I sighed. I may have to go back in time and get some food, but will all of these change? Nah, I don't really care. I decided that I should call Anika first using this phone thingy she gave me.

I retrieved it from the pocket provided in the machinery. I kept all of my things in one place. The phone really looked like a walkie talkie because it only had one speaker, a receiver, and a button for calling.

I pressed the tiny button and waited for Anika to answer. It made weird sounds as I continue to press it. Just like the sounds I heard back when I was traveling. I waited several seconds before I actually heard her voice.

"Wassup Nat?" She greeted.

"Anika, I'm really hungry." I said, gently rubbing my rumbling stomach. "Should I go back there or something?"

"No. Natalie, if you try to go back here, there may be a possibility that you can't go back there anymore." She said sternly.

"Are you serious?" I asked a bit surprised.

"Yes."

"But I'm still hungry." I said, frustration evident in my voice.

"Okay. I have a little food maker there in the machine." She stated.

"Really?" I couldn't believe that she prepared about this stuff.

"Yep. Just press the little brown button over on the top side. It will ask you what kind of food you want or need." She instructed.

"Thank you, but I still couldn't believe that you prepared for this stuff though." I chuckled at the last part.

"That's because I'm a genius." She laughed.

"True." I cooed.

Even though I couldn't see her face, I could only imagine the wide grin she had right now.

"By the way, where's the button which could transport me back there?" I asked.

"Oh It's the big red button at the top." She informed.

"Okay." I nodded my head even though she couldn't see me.

"Anyways, I have to go. I love you and good luck on your plans though."

"Thanks and Love you too." I said then hung up.

I looked around for the time and saw that it was already 9 in the evening.

I sighed and reached up, followed her instructions about the brown button, ate, then fell asleep after.

I know tomorrow's gonna be a long day.