Chapter 6

Natalie's POV

I opened my eyes gracefully and quickly looked up to check the time.

Perfect!

It's 5:38 am. It's not exactly the time that I envisioned, but close enough. At least my brain made an effort to wake me up.

I hurriedly got up to wash and take a bath. I made sure that all the pockets where my things are stored were secured and closed. After that, I turned the shower on and then continued on with my routine.

After eating, I made sure that the machine was secured and locked before I head to Robyn's house. When I was sure enough, I got out and began my short walk towards her house. While I was on the way, I noticed that the sun was slowly rising, making a yellowish color appear on the sky.

I sighed contently from the sight. In the present, we never really witness the sunrise in the morning. Every time we look outside our homes, the sun has already risen. I never thought that I could ever experience this, but I did experience time travel, am I right? So I guess anything is possible.

I didn't notice that I already passed Robyn's house until I bumped into a tree. "Ouch!"

I caressed my face soothingly and looked in front of me. I then realized that it was the same tree with the bush that I hid into when I first met the younger version of Rihanna, which was a day ago. I can't help but laugh at how cowardy I once was when I first met her.

I slowly backed up and head to Robyn's house... for real this time. When I arrived, I carefully ascended the stairs and knocked softly, not wanting to disturb anyone.

A few seconds passed and no one answered so I knocked again.

Still no answer.

Maybe she went somewhere. I thought.

I shrugged and turned around. I was about to walk off until I heard a faint scream. I furrowed my eyebrows, curiousness building over me. I decided to eavesdrop for a little while since I know I can't do anything to stop this curiousness of mine.

I carefully latched my ears to the front of the door. I can now hear a voice, perhaps, a man's voice.

"Ya know what ya get when ya don't obey mi." The man spoke, accent heavy as it could be. "Useless! You useless piece of-."

"Ronald, please stop." A woman's voice cut him off. Soon, a heavy slap was heard throughout the room.

"Don't cut mi off." The voice which I assumed belong to 'Ronald' spoke. "Now, give mi the money."

"But it's for our daily needs." The woman reasoned out.

"I don't give a fuck." Ronald said harshly.

"Please dad." A voice of a younger female pleaded. It kind of sounded just like Robyn's.

A few moments later, everything just went silent. I think I could even hear the beating of my heart.

Are they done? I thought, but soon discarded the thought when I heard a loud thump, a piercing scream following afterwards.

What's happening in there? I wanted to go in so badly, but I can't. They're just gonna make me mind my own business.

Well, this is my business. It's what I came here for.

I heard footsteps coming towards the front door so I quickly removed my head from it and ran as fast as I can to the tree. I hid in it afterwards.

A man exited the door and began to walk away. I waited for a couple of minutes to make sure that he wouldn't come back.

When I was finally sure, I hurriedly got up and went straight to the door of Robyn's house, not bothering to knock.

A wave of shock and distress washed over me when I finally laid eyes on an unconscious Robyn and a woman hugging her, crying silently.

Without a second thought, I went over to them and kneeled down. I cleared my throat to get the woman's attention. She looked up at me, teary eyed, but she also had a hint of shock in her eyes. I mean who wouldn't? If you see someone you don't even know just entered your home without permission, wouldn't you be shocked?

But wait a minute, I could've sworn I've seen her in the media with Robyn back in my present time. I think she's Robyn's mother.

"Ma'am, I-I think we should bring her to the hospital." I stated and looked at the girl laying on her arms.

I saw bruises and instantly my heart raced with rage. I inhaled and exhaled, in an attempt to calm myself down.

I could tell that Robyn's mother wanted to say something. She probably want to ask how I got here, but instead she just nodded, maybe because she doesn't have the energy. I began to stand up while she also did the same. I began to lift her daughter's unconscious body up, but she stopped me.

"No, I'll carry her." She said, wiping some of her tears. I nodded.

"Where's the nearest hospital?" I asked.

"It's 5 blocks away... near her school." She said and lifted Robyn up. She began to walk towards the door while I followed suit.

I opened the door wider and let her out first. After that, I closed it and tried to catch up with her. She walks so damn fast. She was still walking down the staircase when I turned around to close the door, and now, she's almost 2 blocks away.

We continued to walk and when we finally arrived at the hospital, we hurriedly checked her in to the receptionist. After a few minutes, the nurses and doctors came and took Robyn into a room. They asked her some details about Robyn and took notes while I just sat in the corner.

I looked at my surroundings to occupy myself. There were no paintings on the wall, it's just plain white. Although, there is a table near where I was sitting. Maybe I could get some newspapers or magazines cause sitting right here and not doing anything is just plain boring.

I stood up and went to the table. I looked under it and saw a stack of newspapers, but no magazines. Wait, no magazines? But why?

Maybe they didn't make stuff like this in the past or maybe it's just too expensive.

I came back to my seat, newspapers in hand. I read some headlines, but one specific headline caught my eye.

"Cocaine: Buy 1 Take 1"

What on Earth? I furrowed my eyebrows.

What a weird headline. I began to read the article, but before I could even reach 2 words from the news, I heard someone clear their throat which made me look up from the newspaper. It was Robyn's mother.

"Um, I wanted to thank you for helping me bring Robyn in the hospital." She smiled appreciatively, but something in that smile tells me that she wanted to know something.

"You're welcome, ma'am." I smiled back.

"May I ask you something, my dear?"

I knew it!

"What do you want to know, ma'am?" I asked. Maybe she wanted to know how I ended up in her house. I'm not actually sure, but it's better to be prepared.

"How did you end up in my house?"

Good thing I prepared an explanation.

"I was just passing by and I heard a scream. I got curious so I went to where I heard it and that's when I saw you guys on the floor." I half lied.

She just nodded. "May I ask you something again, my dear?"

I still nodded even though I was kind of frustrated from all the questions. "Go ahead, ma'am."

"Do you like my daughter?"

Wait, what?