i

"mornin' czerny," were usually the first words that noah heard when he clocked in for work. don't get me wrong, he lived for his job at fox coffee where his boss was a raging munchkin with the name of sargent, blue sargent.

but, today, the first words he heard were "i swear to fuck if that boy comes in here tonight right before close i'm gonna fucking gut him."

noah just laughed. "good morning to you too, blue," he set his bag and jacket in the back room where they all took breaks. and by "they all" i mean blue, noah, and adam, the precious college kid that blue recruited to work so he didn't have to have three separate jobs when he could have one that gave good tips to cute people like adam parrish.

noah went back out to the front of the coffee house to check up on his cursing smol, who was getting the cash register ready. he ruffled her short-ass hair which earned him a smack as he laughed yet again.

"ouch, kiddo, that's starting to hurt. you workin' out?" he joked.

"as a matter of fact, yes, yes i am
working out, thanks for noticing," blue joked back, even though if it really came down to it, blue could beat the shit out of anyone who did her wrong, even being five foot tall.

the door chimed open with the hand of one adam parrish pushing it. he was the type of beautiful that would catch you off guard, like a python waiting to strike at the moment when you were least expecting it, especially if you're just chilling at work and then a python comes up behind you and strangles you. that's what it was like being around adam parrish.

noah smiled as he made his morning joe (black as the clothes he wore with nine pounds of sugar, to fool everyone into thinking he was one of those people) and called out, "aye, parrish."

adam smiled sheepishly and walked by noah and quietly said "good morning," before walking into the back room

ah, what a lovely boy.

noah turned to look at the old train station clock they installed on the wall. it read 5:57. there were three precious minutes before the early morning customers roamed in, never too early, never too late. he sipped on his coffee and watched the tired commuters go to and fro, occasionally marking the ones he saw almost every morning at the exact same time.

you might say noah czerny had nothing going for him, that he never went to college and "let his family down," as if he hadn't already done that a million times, but noah czerny had everything going for him. he loved his job, he loved his co-workers, he loved his tiny apartment, he loved his friends, he loved his routine, even though he gave it a thorough shake-down every now and then. noah czerny loved his life, and he was about to love it even more.

a/n
hey dudes, a foreword;
im trying a new writing style, i like it better than my other one already :) so that's cool. i'm keeping the chapters shorter so i can hopefully get them out faster. i'm a terrible updater but please don't give up on this story because i will finish it, i can't give up if i've started it. if you wanna give my phan au a look to see my other writing style it's called alone or check out my oneshots idk i self-promo a lot. anyways thnks fr th reads
;morgan