iii

blue was ready for it. the clock was tick tick ticking it's way to 10. she knew he was coming tonight. she felt it.

noah strutted out of the back room with a tired adam at his heels. "are we placing bets for late-night mystery man's arrival?" noah asked excitedly.

"wait, so what exactly is his name? you call him moneybags mcgee, he calls him late-night mystery man, but what is his real name?" adam asked.

"gansey," they replied. blue, with a menacing tone, and noah with a joyful one.

"what kind of name is that?" adam
questioned.

"not his real name if you ask me," blue grumbles as she kept on watching the clock. 9:50.

blue knew he was coming. she felt it.

and right on cue gansey burst through the door holding a mess of a boy.

"- can't keep fighting kavinsky on the streets he's gonna kill you one of these days- oh, hello," gansey politely stopped yelling at the newest mystery to enter fox coffee that day.

the three behind the counter just stated for  a moment.

"what the fuck," came from blue.

"wait so which one is gansey?" adam asked.

"would you like anything to drink?" noah smiled.

the bloody mess replied. "yeah, what the fuck is right, he's gansey, and no one wants your shit coffeee."

noah looked aghast. "well, fuck you too."

"well maybe if yo-"

"actually i would love coffee, and water, and maybe a towel? please and thank you, sorry for the trouble," gansey cut the boy off.

blue glared at him for a second
before looking at adam and noticing the intrigued look he would get when facing a difficult customer and deciding whether or
not to be a lil bitch.

blue hoped he decided to be a lil bitch.

"one sec," she replied as she brushed past adam to go into the back room for a clean
towel. when she came back out she asked "so what's bloody's name?" and gave the water and towel to gansey.

"ronan."
"none of your fucking business," came the replies.

"fuck you, dick," ronan snarled.

"can you stop cursing in this establishment? i'm sure they don't enjoy it," gansey asked ronan.

"i don't give a singular fuck about what they do or don't enjoy. not even half a fuck," ronan sneered. "it's not my fault you dragged me in here."

"you stop that right now. you don't own the place, stop acting like it. quit whining and keep pressure on that," gansey ordered.

"okay, mom," ronan snarked back.

by this point, noah was leaning over the counter watching this exchange with much interest and blue was leaning into noah with a smirk on her face. she enjoyed watching this angry boy tear into gansey, but she also enjoyed seeing  a different side of the mysterious tipping boy.

adam, on the other hand, was staying as far away as possible by cleaning up the counters and making sure everything was put away for the day. he occasionally would stare- look, i meant look- at ronan and then quickly look away to avoid being caught.

too late.

"the fuck are you staring at, kid?" ronan growled as he noticed.

"i think i'm looking at someone trying to compensate by being an asshole," adam replied smoothly.

ronan turned to have a good look at adam.

"we got any popcorn?" noah whispered to blue excitedly.

"yeah, but we don't wanna miss any of this, shush," blue replied.

"now who the fu-" ronan stopped mid sentence to fully take in this specimen of a human being.

"you know what? i want a drink. you," he pointed at adam, "make me a golden roast."

adam glared at him and then looked at blue for assistance. she just shrugged. "you have to pay first," she said.

ronan pulled out his wallet and paid and looked expectantly to adam.

"i'm waiting," he said

"i'm aware," adam replied drily as he got started on ronan's coffee. he walked over and gave it to the bleeding boy and walked back behind the counter.

ronan drank the whole thing in one drink and threw it away. "you make the shittiest coffee ever," he said nonchalantly as he dropped a one hundred dollar bill in the top jar.

adam raised his eyebrows in his did you fucking just look. blue wished she had sent noah to get popcorn.

"you do realize that your shoes are untied, and they're ugly? and your pants aren't even pants anymore. they're just shitty, shitty shorts. you literally bought clothes to look used but i'm guessing this is first time you've worn them? you have that kinda vibe going. your jacket looks like you stole it from a homeless person, so shame on you. and, jesus, your head. bald doesn't suit you. have a nice day."

ronan took a step back. blue felt the tension rise and calmly stated. "if you touch a hair on his fucking head, i will personally escort you to the gates of hell just to get my boot taken out of your ass."

ronan snarled and stormed out the door, nearly breaking it.

gansey quickly got up. "i'm so sorry i didn't think he'd be like this," he apologized. "this was just the closest place i knew and just, i apologize."

blue stared him down and looked at the clock. 10:11. she smiled.

"shop's closed, gansey boy. chase down your wild animal."

and with that billion-watt smile, gansey strutted out the door and into the world of fox coffee forever.

a/n

i said i was keeping these chapters short, but this is almost a thousand words. plz don't expect this every time

thanks 4 every read.
;;morgan

5/4/17
everytime i go back & reread this i'm so proud of myself like "fuck yeah this is gr8"