ii

6:00 am
the worst and best part of adam parrish's day. best because, hey, he's got a job, a good job, and worst, because, well, he has to deal with some weird people.

there are always those strange people who come in from probably outer space just to get some of the secret fox brew that's only available from 6:00 to 6:20 in the morning, courtesy of noah. adam swore he put LSD in it, but never knew because noah keeps the ingredients under lock and key.

then there are the "early birds" as blue affectionately calls them, because they always come in at 6:45 after all of noah's weird customers leave. probably on purpose. definitely on purpose. they have different drink orders depending on the day they're going to have. they're all regulars, except for a few every now and then, but then they become regulars. people who seem to just stumble upon fox coffee in the early morning hours often leave to always come back.

after that come the college kids, none that adam know, except cheng, who adam has an engineering class with. they stream in and out before the morning classes with some extremely sugary special that noah made just for them. adam also just assumed noah put aderol in them.

most of the college kids were in class by 8, leaving a few stragglers every morning who don't care what the time is, they just need coffee. after them come the commuters going to work. many of them are also regulars, but many just slip in from time to time to get that extra boost in the morning.

around 10 everything slows down, leaving those who are one-timers who wanted to check out the quaint coffee shop downtown or others who are just catching up with old friends. fox coffee is the type of place for many things, but slowing down and taking the time for people is the best thing to do at fox coffee.

random people stream in and out from noon to three, some regulars looking for their next fox fix from noah, but mostly random people. after 3:00, some college kids come in for a shot before their next class, even though noah's usually on break when they come in, they know it and help adam and blue create their favorite noah specialties with a laugh. adam hates making noah's specialties.

at exactly 3:50 there's a second cappuccino waiting for henry cheng, who has never once been late for his morning or afternoon cap. he usually spends five minutes chatting with noah before literally running out of the shop to his second round of classes. adam laughs every time he sees that comical run.

after 4:00 everything slows down again, and adam just relaxes as blue takes care of the one or two customer that come in. he reads his text book or rests in the back room with noah for a bit and listens to his stories.

5 o'clock comes around without a sound except for some teens catching a latte after practice or a business person getting coffee for a meeting. 6 o'clock comes around the exact same way.

now 7 in the afternoon starts getting a little weird. there's only one regular, and he gets the largest cup of blue's brew every night and leaves. adam, noah, and blue all have bets placed that when he finally tells them his first name. blue says it's frederick, adam bets it's pat, and noah just knows it's eugene. his last name's mcnulty.

8:00 pm rolls around and the late night workers start getting coffee. some have noah specialties, and adam definitely does not wanna know what goes in those. there's always that one weird guy, johnni, yes, with an i, who has never once ordered the same thing.

around nine everything slows except some conspiracy theorist who always is spouting some new one off to blue or noah, depending on who's had the worst day.

and then, apparently, there's this asshole who always comes in, seconds before close and leaves tremendously large tips. that's the only reason blue hasn't kicked him out yet. adam's never seen the guy, he's never there when he works. blue calls him moneybags mcgee and always complains about his boat shoes.

maybe tonight's the night adam'll finally meet mcgee.

a/n
hi. have a good day. or night. describe yourself in a sentence or a few in the comments bc i wanna get to know you guys plz.
"... and if you'll look to your left, you'll see a creature we call morgan, but we're not sure where it comes from. all we know is that it doesn't belong here. it doesn't belong anywhere."