v

adam was ready.

well, he thought he was ready. he'd never met an angrier human beings, except for maybe his father-

but we don't need to talk about that just yet.

the six o'clock alarm rang through store. adam looked at the old train station clock just to make sure it was time to open the gates to hell. he sighed. it was.

he started walking out when blue ran in front of him.

"you get behind the counter," she order and pointed. "you and this guy aren't speaking unless you have a large thing in between you, like a counter, or a country."

adam sighed his trademark sigh, again, and went behind the counter as blue unlocked the door.  

he watched as ronan stood up and stretched, his shirt riding up and showing off some wonderfully toned abs- off topic, whoops sorry.

anyways, adam stared ronan down as he entered fox coffee. noah came out from the back and yelled "hey snake face," and ran straight back into the break room laughing.

ronan scowled and locked eyes with adam. he pointed at the menu board. "i want that."

adam didn't even look where he was pointing. "does 'that' have a name?"

ronan smirked. "nope," he said, popping the 'p'. "i want that."

adam scowled as heavily as ronan had when he came in. "i can't make you something if it doesn't have a name."

"just make me something, would ya?" he growled.

adam smiled. "sure, i'll make you something," and he walked back and got a large cup and filled it up with the most expensive thing on the menu, adding all the add-ins. he put it into the register and smiled wider.

"here you go, sir, that'll be 24.02."

ronan's smirk dropped. "jesus christ, the fuck did you put in that?"

"everything, 24.02 please," adam smiled bitchily.

ronan smiled back just as bitchily. he gave adam exact change and dropped another one hundred dollar bill into the top jar.

adam stared at him darkly as he chugged his coffee. the other customers were starting to pour in so noah was taking care of them, leading them away from the ongoing cold war between the two strange boys.

ronan finished his coffee and stared adam back down, just as angrily. "got something to say, kid?" he challenged.

"maybe i do," adam said quietly.

ronan leaned on the counter. "then use that pretty little mouth of yours and tell me," he snarled.

adam leaned on the counter, his nose barely an inch from ronan's.

blue had been watching patiently as she cleaned the tables before the customers sat down. she was ready to pounce on ronan if he dared to touch adam.

"who do you think you are, just dropping a hundred dollars you don't deserve to have, into a goddamn tip jar? who are you to even have that kind of money? did daddy give you that?"adam snarled quietly.

ronan's eyes grew colder than they previously were, which adam had though was impossible. "i think i'm just a guy trying to get a cup of coffee in the morning, tipping the wonderful staff. that's who i think i am. who do you think you are?" he asked coldly.

adam answered with venom. "i think i'm a guy trying to make his way in the world, by myself, without anyone's help. i don't need your damn tips," he growled.

ronan's eyes became a shade lighter. "maybe you don't need them, but i'm gonna leave them anyway. let's call it a gesture of kindness," he smirked.

adam's scowl depended. "i didn't know bloody animals knew kindness," he said lowly.

ronan gave a true smile. "the more you know, kid. see you tomorrow," and with that, he turned on his heel and strutted out of fox coffee.

adam was left stunned as ronan left. "that motherfucker," he murmured. he grimaced as noah yelled at him.

"aye parrish, now that your snake has left, wanna help me out over here," he gestured towards his long line of people who looked fearfully at the door like it had hurt them. or maybe at the wild animal that had just walked out of it.

"yeah sure," adam put on a smile.

it was gonna be a long ass day.

a/n
it's been awhile mis amigos. the fairly small plot line is beginning to (thicc)ken. or is it? idk man just hit me back (ft blackbear)