x

gansey was usually a bright, young fellow with a sharp mind and an even sharper sense of who he was. that was usually. as of right now, gansey was a mess of a lovesick boy who was hardcore pining for one owner of fox coffee, and it wasn't noah.

he was sitting, or laying, upside down on an ancient leather seat with his feet resting on the wall behind the back of the chair and his head laying off the seat, almost sweeping the floor with his hair. he had been reading a book about the welsh monarchy of the 1800s but he set it down beside his head and took his glasses off of his face and set them on top. he ran a hand over his face and through his hair. he glanced at ronan who was sprawled on the couch already looking him with his head tilted slightly to the side.

"and you said i was lovesick," ronan sneered jovially as he turned his attention back to his beeping phone.

"adam, i assume," gansey said as ronan thoroughly ignored him for whatever message was displayed on his phone. his face did give out the slightest of a twitch when gansey said adam's name, which meant that he had guessed correctly.

gansey groaned. he had, not once, ever let such a sound come from his mouth. it was just not the gansey way. ronan actually let his attention turn to gansey for a moment because he had never seen him in such a state. gansey shifted and slid himself up the chair to sit in it correctly.

"i do not know what to do," gansey said as he looked back at ronan. "now that she doesn't hate me, she's actually quite nice," he sighed.

ronan smirked. "just ask her out already, dumbass," his phone chirped again and he pretended to lose all interest in gansey's melancholy moment, or maybe he did lose interest because of adam.

gansey wanted to poke fun at ronan for his attraction for adam, but he was just glad that he had found someone else to salivate over other than kavinsky. he hated kavinsky with a passion and ronan knew it, but, like always, he didn't care until the last possible moment. he had even harassed gansey over ronan leaving him,  and boy, was gansey ever glad that ronan left him.

"you say that like it's easy," gansey groaned. he put his face in his hands again and took a deep breath to clear his mind. it didn't work. his mind was filled with a faerie-like face and short dark hair and a million hair clips and piercing eyes so dark they might as well be black and a petite mouth with a razor sharp smile that would give way to genuine laughter and, god, did gansey want to hear that sound over and over until his untimely death.

"it is easy. i did it," ronan said, still pretending to be disinterested in gansey's malfunction. he seemed to find it quite comical. gansey did not.

"you were given an easy out and you still haven't made good on that date," gansey sat up straight again.

ronan snorted. "an easy out? you call kavinsky an easy out? jesus, what do you consider difficult?"

gansey really didn't consider that an easy out and just sighed and grabbed his phone to check the time. it was only 8:30 in the evening, but he wanted to go to fox coffee just because he could and not because blue would be there.

apparently ronan could sense exactly what gansey was thinks and said "you know, you don't actually have to wait until it's late to go there, right? i'm sure you understand that they work before 9:30, yes?" he teased gansey in his razor sharp voice that could cut glass and slice paper but would barely even irritate gansey.

"of course i know that, lynch, but what if she notices i'm there early, or what if she asks why?" gansey voice raised an infinitesimally small amount in its tone but ronan quirked an eyebrow at the change anyway.

"she will ask, you already know that," ronan said while typing another replying, "and you're going to tell her that you just really wanted some coffee. that's that."

gansey wasn't so sure. "but what abo-"

"that's that," ronan said with feeling as he stood up and slid his phone in his pocket. he walked over to gansey and yanked him up. "come on, let's go, get your fancy shoes on while i get your coat," he said, exasperation clear in his voice, as he gently shoved gansey in the right direction.

"fine, fine! okay, ronan, i get it, we're going to get coffee."

ronan's signature smile settled into his face. "we?" he said as he flung gansey's coat at him. "no, you are going to go talk to blue and i'm going to sit my ass right back down," he walked back over to where he was previously sitting and plopped right back down.

gansey was quite used to ronan deciding what he was going to do before gansey himself knew what was happening. it was fine. he slipped into his shoes and zipped his coat up before checking for his keys and wallet. he headed to towards the door and glanced back at ronan, who had the sweetest, smallest smile on his face.

god bless adam parrish, gansey though before he walked out the door without a single clue as what he was going to say to blue when he saw her. he knew he'd forget everything anyways when he saw her smirking grin.

and that was completely fine by him.

a/n
this is shit i'm so sorry but y'all deserve SOMETHING new. it's not even a thousand words i suck