Chapter 11

Infinity was sitting in a hut with Dusk beside her, the Chief in front of her, and a few other GlowWings who seemed to be close with the Chief, including Storm, Dusk's father. They were discussing the plan that Infinity had told them.

The plan was for Infinity to sneak all the GlowWings in this room and a few Warriors into the Palace through the back from the Mountain. Infinity knew the Palace front and back, so that was no problem. The hard part was confronting Queen Nebula and convincing her to create a Peace Treaty and to give the Western Forest back to the GlowWings.

"When will we depart for the City of Light?" Chief Howl asked Infinity.

"Why don't we go now?" She said, standing up. "There's no use in waiting and longer. We already know what we are going to do and what we are going to say."

"I was actually thinking that we would leave at day break," Storm butted in before the Chief could speak. "It's already sunset and they might think it's an ambush if we show up out of no where when its dark."

"Aaactually," Infinity said back, "It's best if we arrive around daybreak, so then our glows don't stand out too much, and we can take our time flying there. We wouldn't want to be rushed and be worn out, just in case we get a surprise attack, now would we?"

Storm opened and closed his mouth a few times, but remained silent. Infinity knew she should be creating good relationships with the GlowWings, but he totally deserved that for questioning her plans. She glanced over at Dusk and she could tell he was holding back a smile.

"It's settled then, we'll leave in a few moments. Storm and Willow, gather five of the Warriors who you'd think would be most fit for this trip. Snakefang and Cavern, gather enough moon arm clasps for all the GlowWings traveling with us. We want to represent our clan well. Dusk, come with me to inform the tribe of our absence. Infinity, wait outside for us. We have everything under control. All of you, meet outside with Infinity as soon as you get everything done."

And like snakes, everyone slithered out of the large wooden hut with low commotion. Infinity walked out last. Outside, there was plenty of commotion, confusion, shouts, and screams. Chief Howl and Dusk we perched on a high rock on the other side of the food platform and the pool at the bottom of the waterfall. They managed to gather all the GlowWing citizens, from what it looked like, but she was sure that there were probably some hidden in their huts.

Normally, Infinity liked being the center of attention, but here it was bad, and she couldn't do anything to stop sticking out like a sore claw. Infinity walked down the steps to the Chief's hut, and through the illuminated village. Down there in the center of the cave it was mainly the huts of dragons, water pools, and few stone statues here and there to decorate the place. There were wooden bridges over the large pools, which Infinity walked across one.

The SpaceWing eventually made it to the exit of the cave after strolling through the village. There wasn't anything special over here. The stone ground had little weeds growing from the cracks and the walls were covered in vines and leaves. She made her way outside and caught a Mountain Horn Deer while waiting. She laid under the tree right outside the entrance as she ate her dinner.

The first to come out was Snakefang and Cavern with a handful of Silver arm clasps with a crescent moon carved in the middle. They reminded her a little bit of her silver arm band, although her's was thinner and didn't have any engraving. Next was Storm and Willow, leading five other GlowWings behind them. They defiantly looked like Warriors; some bearing scares, others wearing pieces of silver protective armor, but all had a symbol of bravery. Two had a Blackbruise Ape fang on a necklace, one had an Oceanside Gull beak embroidered onto an armband, and the last two wore Deathfang Panther claws on their necklaces. Dusk and Howl didn't come out till the sun disappeared under the horizon, but they looked satisfied.

Once all the GlowWings slipped on their arm bands, they rose into the night. Infinity lead the pack of eleven GlowWing towards the City of Light. She was growing tired of this flight. Her wings felt like they've flown this rout a thousand times. She didn't even have anyone to talk to this time. Dusk was flying behind her, next to the Chief. Despite the serious situation they were about to get into, they were smiling at each other as they had a conversation. Infinity noticed that Howl was more of a father figure to Dusk than Storm. They must be pretty close, Infinity thought as she turned her head back to look at where she was flying.

They could see the glowing City of Light on the horizon when the moon was two thirds of the way done with its path over the sky. Infinity lead them the back way, around Purple Peak. Dragons had been complaining that they were hungry, so they caught some prey to eat until sunrise.

"It's not too late to turn back, Chief Howl. The safety of our kind is first priority," Storm said to Howl as they and Infinity stood at the top of Purple Peak, looking over towards the Palace.

"No. This needs to be done, and delaying it will only make it worse," Howl answered. Infinity was glad that the Chief agreed with her decisions, unlike Storm who had to question and second guess everything. It was probably bad of her to think this, but she just didn't like Dusk's father. He lacked the confidence that this mission needed.

Infinity could feel the warm rays of the sun cover her dark grey scales. "Should we head for the Palace now?"

"Yes," Chief Howl said, "Storm, gather the rest of them. Tell them it's time."