Epilogue

One year later...

It has been one year since the treaty of the GlowWings and the SpaceWings. Asteroid and Infinity were now eight years old. Asteroid had become quite an excellent space charter (words of his father) and was climbing the ranks quickly. Infinity on the other talon decided to quit being a space charter. Instead she became the head of Saren dragon affairs. In other words, she handles communication between the GlowWings and SpaceWings.

She had also grown quite close with Dusk of the GlowWings, also known as the son of the Chief. Too close, according to Asteroid. These days, she spent more time with Dusk than him. Although, Asteroid spent most of his time on missions.

He knew the GlowWings and the SpaceWings were technically on good terms, but he was surprised Saren hasn't blown up in flames yet. There were still conflicts between them. They were just so different, yet his sister can get along so well with them. He had no idea how.

Asteroid sat on a green hill near the City of Light. Down below was Infinity and Dusk, sitting as close as could be. He could hear the feint sound of them laughing together and talking together. Asteroid was going to check on and hang with Infinity for a bit, but Dusk beat him to it. He wouldn't say that he was jealous; he was just mildly envious. He had spent most of his life with his loud, obnoxious, overly confident, over the top sister, and he admits that it was refreshing to get away from her for a while. But lately... he felt a little lonely. He didn't have someone to talk to constantly or share secrets to or complain to.

Of course, he loved being a space charter. It was like he was made for it. He aimed to be just like his father, Head Space Charter. He had already discovered a planet not too far from the planet Pyrrhia. Although sometimes, he wished Infinity had stayed a space charter too.

He looked out at the horizon. The sun was just starting to set. It set fire to the sky, turning it pastel yellow, orange, pink, and purple. With a sigh, he begun to relax. This moment was short lived, as he was almost immediately started by Nova.

"Hi Asteroid!" She said loudly and enthusiastically as she landed next to him.

He jumped, making his blue glow flash brightly for a second. "Hi Nova," he said wearily.

"Long time no see! How's life as a Space Charter? I was in the library today and your mother told me all about how you discovered a new planet."

"Oh yeah, it's pretty great. I love the adventure of exploring. It's really exhilarating. I've also learned to hold my breath for about six hours, so if we were to play a game of hide-and-seek near and river or an ocean, I'd totally win," he grinned.

"Wow, sounds like you're doing really well!" She smiled brightly at him.

"Well, I don't mean to braaag," he said, stretching his arms, "but I'm kind of big deal in the space charter department. Other dragons think I could be the next Head Space Charter, just like my dad."

Nova laughed. "Alright tough guy. Whatever you say - Oh hey, is that Infinity? We should totally say hi!"

"Oh uh- I mean- she's kind of busy right now-"

"Come on!" Nova said, flapping her wings. "It'll be fun!"

Before Asteroid could say anything else, Nova took him by the talon and dragged him down the hill half walking, half gliding because he decided to be a stubborn, anti-social little dragon, dragging his hind talons.

They managed to get to Infinity and Dusk, Asteroid and Nova landing roughly behind them. Infinity and Dusk had been laughing together before Infinity and jumped, startled, making her glow flash in a similar fashion to what Asteroid did earlier.

"Oh sorry. Did we interrupt something?" Asteroid said almost too sarcastically as he stood up. Next thing he knew, he was being whacked by Infinity's tail.

"You startled me!" She said in his face with a scrunched snout.

"My bad, Princess."

"I can tell you two missed each other," Nova laughed.

"Ha, I've barley noticed she's been gone," Asteroid protested with a grin.

"I was thinking the same," Infinity grinned back.

Nova then embraced Infinity in a heartwarming hug, leaving Asteroid and Dusk sitting next to each other. Asteroid awkwardly curled his tail around his front talons as he quickly glanced over at the GlowWing. Asteroid didn't like that he was taller than him and that he was basically royalty. His glow was so unique too. And what was the deal with that weird necklace with the silver jaguar claw? Seemed like a pointless symbol of manliness pride. NO, he was not jealous. He was just mildly envious.

Asteroid cleared his throat as Nova and Infinity started talking. "How's the forest?"

"How's space?" Dusk asked back.

"Cold. Really cold. And dark..." Asteroid explained terribly. "Its more about the journey," he blurted.

"I figured," Dusk said with a smile.

"So, uh, what's with the necklace?"

"It's a symbol of strength for the warriors in my Clan. If you take down one of the beasts of Saren all by yourself, you are honored to wear a piece of the beast's weapon. It's a great tradition that every warrior strives for."

"Huh. Cool." So maybe he was a liiiittle off on his guess for what his necklace stood for. It was actually pretty neat.

"It must be fun to travel the galaxy," Dusk said, looking up the first stars to appear in the sky.

"Yeah, it's really fascinating." Asteroid looked up at the sky too, watching the distant starts pop into view.

"You'll have to tell me all about it sometime."

Asteroid looked at Dusk. He was surprised he was interested in learning about space, his favorite thing to talk about. "Sure, I'd love to." He then smiled.

Maybe there was a chance for SpaceWings and GlowWings to get along after all.

Maybe SpaceWings and GlowWings had more in common than they thought.

Maybe SpaceWings and GlowWings weren't so different after all.