Chapter 13

Dusk shrieked, jumping to Howl's side as tears started to stream down his face. Most of the GlowWings gravitated towards Orbit and Queen Nebula with teeth bared, while the rest had the same reaction as Dusk.

The Queen stood up, and looked just as shocked as everyone else. She reared up on her hind legs and spread her wings, filling the room with bright yellow light. "Calm down everyone one! We need to settle down before we can manage the situation."

Shortly after, everyone could hear claws running down the hallway outside. A small SpaceWing with a pure yellow glow burst into the doorway, breathing heavily with exhilaration. "You'll never defeat the SpaceWings!" He called into the room.

"Oh my stars..." Infinity said under her breath. That was the Prince. The Prince was the only animus on Saren currently, and he was the only one who could've cast a spell on that necklace to kill the leader of the GlowWings. This was truly the darkness of the light.

"Gravity! Give me back me necklace!" yelled a voice from down the hall. Soon enough, Princess Galaxy came storming into the room, but it didn't take long for her to notice all the strange, intimidating warrior dragons in the room. With a high pitch scream, she stumbled backwards.

Gravity was only six years old and he had already murdered someone, and with none other than his four year old sister's necklace.

"GRAVITY!" Queen Nebula roared. Her glow turned as bright as the sun. "Do you realize what you have just done?" Thin strands of smoke streamed from her nostrils.

In a split second, the confidence drained from his body and regret showed on his face. "I- I took down the terrorist's leader. I only wanted the best for our t- tribe." His claws trembled at the wrath of his mother, but he continued to look up at his mother with glared eyes.

Galaxy had backed up towards Orbit, a familiar face who was probably the second dragon she felt safest with in this room, after her mother.

Storm catapulted onto Gravity, pinning him to the ground with only one talon pressed to the Prince's chest. "You ought to pay for what you've just recklessly done." The large GlowWing then pressed one of his sharp back claws to the side of Gravity's neck. "A life for a life is only fair."

"I'll slice off your precious head before you can do anything." Gravity glanced back over at the necklace, prepared to cast another spell.

Before Storm could say anything else, the Queen darted across the room and threw him off her son. "I show you mercy and you threaten my son's life? Pitiful," she spat, looming over Storm. "I understand you are upset over your Ki- Chief's death, but do not forget all the lives your clan has taken from my tribe." She spun around to face the other GlowWings. "All of you, leave the Palace. You may still live in the forest, but heed my warning," she growled. "Orbit, show them the way out while I take care of my dragonets."

Nebula walked past everyone as they murmured lowly to each other and picked up the arrowhead necklace, now stained with Howl's dark red blood. "Galaxy, go to your room until our visitors leave."

Galaxy nodded in response and hurried to her room, her pure yellow glow following.

"As for you," the Queen growled, storming towards Gravity. She began to angrily whisper to him outside the doorway, but Infinity could make out some of the conversation.

"- you know better - begin to loose your mind -"

"- can't control me - stupid old legends - thought I was doing the right thing -" Prince Gravity whispered back just as furious.

Queen Nebula then grabbed him by the wing and dragged him down the hall to the left.

Orbit started to lead the GlowWings out of the Palace, and they followed respectfully. Soon no GlowWing was in the Throne Room, except for one.

Infinity sat down next to Dusk, who was still bent over Howl's dead body. His front talons were covered in his former Chief's blood, and his eyes were watery. Howl's body was terrifying to look at; his eyes still stare wide open and the gash in his neck continued to drip warm blood onto the floor. He still has the silver moon arm cuff on him, but the headdress was now missing. Without saying anything, she put her wing around him. He was stiff as wood as he stared into the abyss.

"I loved him like a father," he said as he felt Infinity's scales. "... and he loved me like a son." Tears then streamed from his eyes as they sat in silence.

Infinity knew all she could do was be there for him, but they needed to leave before Queen Nebula came back. "Come on let's get out of this place," she said, standing up. He nodded and stood up too. She then lead him down the Palace hallways, following the feint white glow of GlowWings up ahead. They walked in deafening silence, similar to their first flight to Gold Mountain, but she knew he was grieving.

They eventually reached one of the main balcony entrances. Her father's dark blue glow stood out like a sore claw with the GlowWings' snow white glows.

"Dusk! There you are. Come here, son," Storm called.

"Coming," Dusk answered softly. He looked back at Infinity, smearing off the tears on his face with a talon. "When can I see you again?"

"I'll be at the Western Forest tomorrow by noon," she said with a smile.

Dusk smiled back at her faintly, then headed towards Storm.

"Listen up everyone," Storm said, waiting for everyone to go silent. "After the tragic loss of Howl, me being his second in command, I'm your new Chief," he said, putting on the headdress that Howl had once worn. He must've been the one to take it. "We are going to go back to Gold Mountain, inform everyone of what happened this morning and head for the Western Forest this evening. That will give us a few hours to gather our things and go."

He then cracked a smile, which was the first time Infinity had ever seen that expression on his face. "Here's to a new age of sun."