That Question

Liyah's POV

*three months later*

Me and Fade have gotten closer. He moved in. I actually felt better when he did, cuz I didn't want to be a loner. Confession time. I kinda like Fade. I mean, what's not to like??? He's cute, sweet, fun to be around, and he respects me. He planned something today. He said it was really important to him and he hoped it was important to me. I showered and got dressed.

I flat ironed my long hair

I flat ironed my long hair. I mean, it was really long, not to brag. After I flat ironed my hair, I just sat down on the sofa in the living room. I got on my Instagram. I was waiting on Fade downstairs.

Fade's POV

I showered and got dressed.

*instead of the jeans, he wore black joggers, sorry😂😂*

Today was really important to me. I was gonna ask her today. To be my girlfriend. I had three steps. Be there for her, move in, and now, ask her to be my girlfriend. Yep. I was gonna ask her at Applebee's over a good dinner. I came downstairs. Liyah was sitting on the sofa, on her Instagram. She looked good. She looked up.

Liyah- Hi Fade. You look cute.

Fade- Thanks.

Liyah- Welcome. You ready to go?

Fade- OK. Just gotta grab a few things.

Liyah- Me too.

I grabbed my phone and my wallet. Liyah grabbed her chain purse. Then, we came downstairs, made sure all of the appliances were off, turned on the security system, and walked out the door. I locked the door with the house key. We took my car to Applebee's.

*30 minutes later*

7 PM

Liyah's POV

We arrived at Applebee's. Fade parked the car and we got out. We walked into the restaurant. When we walked in, we were greeted by a young waitress holding menus in her hand. She was smiling.

Waitress- Hi. Welcome to Applebee's. Reservations for how many?

Fade- 2.

Liyah- Right this way

We followed her. We were seated at a booth. She handed us a booth.

Waitress- Order when you're ready. I'll be back in 5 minutes.

Fade & Liyah- OK. Thank you.

Waitress- You're very welcome. *walks off*

Fade- Soooo. Liyah, what were you thinkin' of for an appetizer? Cuz I was thinkin' of boneless barbeque wings.

Liyah- Actually, I was thinkin' the same thing. Boneless buffalo wings.

Fade- Cool, we'll order both. *looks at the menu* What about the dip?

Liyah- Ranch dip.

Fade- Ok. Liyah, I have a q-question.

Liyah- OK.

Fade- Are you happy with me?

Liyah- Of course. What made you think I wasn't?

Fade- Um, I just wanted to ask. But you said you are happy?

Liyah- Yea.

Fade- Ok. I have another question to ask you.

Liyah- Ok.

Waitress- I'm back. So did you guys decide on your appetizer order?

Liyah- We decided on boneless buffalo and barbeque wings.

Fade- And for the dip we want ranch dip.

Waitress- *writing it down* Repeating. Boneless buffalo wings, and boneless barbeque wings, with a side of ranch dip.

Fade & Liyah- Correct.

The waitress walked off. Me and Fade started a small conversation while waiting on the appetizer. Our wing came and we ate them. They are really good. Then we ordered our entrées. I ordered chicken tenders, crinkle fries, and a large Sunkist soda. Fade ordered mini cheeseburger sliders, fries, a large Sprite. We finished eating. The waitress took our dirty plates and stuff. Fade kept looking at me.

Liyah- What?

Fade- Remember that question?

Liyah- Yea.

Fade- Well, Liyah l, when I see you at the mall, that day, three months ago, I knew that you were the right one for me. I wanted to be yours, and I wanted you to be mine. A- and we've came a long way in these three months and we've gotten closer to each other. And I just have one question. *gets in his knees in front of Liyah and holds her hands in his* Naah'Liiyah, will you be my girlfriend?

*they gaze into each other's eyes*

Liyah-*tearing up, wipes her tears* Yes, Nathaniel. Yes. I will be your girlfriend.

Fade- Yes! *hugs Liyah tightly*

Liyah-*laughs with joy*

The waitress congratulated us as well as a few others. We paid for our stuff and left the restaurant. I guess Fade would move out if the guest room and move into mines. Tonight was fun. I already knew that we'd have a good relationship.