Invited

Liyah's POV

*one month later*

I woke up. Fade was beside me. He was adorable when he slept. I played with his curls. Then I got up and showered. I put on my outfit.

I put my hair in a perfect bun. I walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen, and opened up the fridge. Damn. It was barely any goods in the bitch. I looked in the cabinets. Nada. Nothing but some Captain Crunch cereal, some frosted flakes, and Froot Loops. And some marshmallows. I needed to go grocery shopping. I needed to run some errands anyway. I heard Fade's voice.

Fade- Liyah? Bae! Where are you???

Liyah- In the kitchen.

Fadr-*walks into the kitchen* Good morning *pecks her lips*

Liyah- Morning. Hey, I'm gotta go run some errands. And then I'm gonna stop by the store. We ain't got nun to eat.

Fade- OK. Be careful. And I love you.

Liyah- I will and I love you too.

We shared a long, passionate kiss. Then I grabbed my car keys, and my purse. I walked out the door and locked it.I got in the car and started it. I bagged out of the yard and was on my way to the grocery store.

*15 minutes later*

I parked the car and locked the doors. I walked through the automatic shopping doors, and grabbed a shopping basket. I started shopping.

*10 minutes later*

So far, I had got a lot if items, such as cereals and meats. Now I was heading to the frozen food aisle. I grabbed pancakes, sausage, waffles, French toast sticks, cookie dough, ice cream, and some frozen veggies. I heard a familiar voice, someone call my name. I whirled around.

Tre- Liyah?

Liyah- Tre?

Tre- Hi Liyah! Long time no see.

Liyah-*hugs him* I know it's been a long time.

Tre- How you doing, girl?

Liyah- I'm doing good. How about you.

Tre- I'm good. Hey, we need to talk.

Liyah- OK.

Tre- I heard how it went down with you and J.

Liyah- Yeaaa...

Tre- Well, I'm sorry. Jalen and me have never been known to hit our girls. So I don't know what came over him. Just know that he's sorry.

Liyah- Did he say it?

Tre- No.

Liyah- Then he's not sorry.

Tre- Well, OK. But life is good. Hey, I'm hosting a dinner, and I would really like it if you would come.

Liyah- OK. Who all is gonna be there?

Tre- Me, Jalen... yea.

Liyah- Really?!

Tre- D-don't worry. There's not gonna be any drama. I'll make sure of it. And plus, he's moved on.

Liyah-*getting smart* So have I. What's her name?

Tre- Shenica. She has a twin named Shenaye. And I date Shenaye.

Liyah- Great. Just know that Shenaye better treat you right, before I beat her ass.

Tre-*laughs* Don't worry. She will.

Liyah- I don't really care about Jalen and who we fucks around with.

Tre- That's mean, Li-li.

Liyah- And it was mean when he accused me if doing something I didn't do, dumping me, and then hitting me for telling the truth!

Tre-*quiet, looks hurt* I'm sorry, Liyah.

Liyah- I'm sorry too.

Tre-*still quiet and looking hurt* Just know that you're invited to the dinner. Do you still have my number in your phone?

Liyah-Yea.

Tre- I'll text you all the info.

Liyah- OK.

Tre- *phone chimes* Oh. I gotta go. Shenaye's lookin' for me.

Liyah- OK. It was good catchin' up with you. *hugs him*

Tre- It was good seein' you again too.

Liyah- See ya.

Tre- Aight.

*they go their separate ways*
I finished shopping for groceries. I paid for my items, and left. I did all of my other errands and went home. I parked the car and unlocked the door. I yelled for Fade.

Liyah- Fade!

Fade-*rushes downstairs* What's wrong?!

Liyah- Can you help me with the groceries???

Fade- Yea babe.

Fade helped me with the groceries, and helped me put them up. For dinner we ate fried chicken, macaroni, and rice and gravy. I decided to tell Fade. But first, we took our showers and changed into our pajamas. Then we climbed into bed. We were watching a movie. Fade was sitting up against the headboard and my head was laying on his chest.

Liyah- Baby?

Fade- Yea, bae?

Liyah- Well, I ran into this old friend at the store today.

Fade-*raises eyebrows and turns toward Liyah* Boy or girl???

Liyah- It was a boy.

Fade- A guy friend?! Oh hell no!

Liyah- Shh. Shh. It's okay. He just an old friend.

Fade- I need specific information. Name. How long y'all knew each other, and what he looks like?

Liyah- Are you serious?!

Fade-*smirks* Hell yea. Now explain.

Liyah-*sighs* Fine. His name is Tre Brooks. We've known each other since me and his twin brother dated. And he has curly hair, braces, and he short and lightskinned. Is that enough information for ya?

Fade- Yea. No. W-w-w-wait. What is his brother's name?!

Liyah- Jalen Brooks.

Fade- OK. Now what are you saying?

Liyah- OK. So we caught up. And he said that he was hosting this dinner, and he invited us.

Fade- OK. What day, time, and where is it gonna be at?

Liyah- He said he'd get me that information.

Fade- OK. But I asked that because you know that I love you.

Liyah- I know. And I love you too.

We kissed, then we dozed off to sleep.