Disguises.

Cole's POV

I run my fingers through my hair as I walk out the door. I turn to face the street and see Josh leaning against his red mustang, smirking. I roll my eyes and turn away from him. He jogs up behind me and takes my hand but I pull it away. "Baby, what's wrong?" He grabs my shoulders, stopping my walk short. "One, don't call me baby. Two, let go of me." This takes Josh aback but he refuses to loosen his grip. "What's with you all of a sudden? Not returning any of my calls or texts and now you're trying to acoid me?" I look at him square in the eyes. "I'm sick of your shit Josh. I'm kind of in a hurry." He glares at me and lets go. "Whatever." He storms off and I struggly to contain my tears as I sprint down the hill towards Sky's house.

We sit in her room. Pale yellow walls and simple funiture surrounds us. "Cole, is everything ok?" Her small voice cuts through my clouded mind. "Uh, yeah. I just had a fight with Josh. No biggie." I'd told Sky about Josh the afternoon we met. She was really accepting. "Cole." Her face is full of worry. I smile at her. She knowingly smiles back. "Hey, how did you get all your bruises?" I blurt out. Sky's smile slides away into a frown. "Um...well...my mom, Serena...she's uh, not the nicest person in the house. And my dad doesn't know about it. No one does." She says in a hushed voice. I feel my mouth fall. The door clicks and I quickly shut my mouth. "Hey kiddos! I brought some cookies up. I thought you might be hungry." Her warm smile mixes with the warmth emanating from the cookies on the tray she's holding. She seems so sweet. But Sky's eyes tell me other wise.

Mavis' POV

I pulled the black sunshades off my face. "This is never going to work." I groan, falling onto my bed. "Come on Mavis. If you wanna get this...this.. whatever it is, under control then we're gonna have to go." I looked up at Kallaghan. "Addiction, Kallaghan. That's what this is." I hold my head in my hands and rest my elbows on my knees. I'm wearing a flowery dress that my mum gave to me, accompanied by plain blue high heels and glasses. We're supposed to be going to see a doctor about my "problem" but I refuse to go looking like a ditz. "Why can't I go in my own clothes?" I'd whined as my mom zipped up my dress. "Because this is much more presentable." Was tge answer I got. I groaned, putting the shades back on. I threw myself intk the car and crossed my arms. Kallaghan hung in the door. "Text me after its over ok?" I blow my fringe out of my face as he slams the door and tals the car roof.

>>>>><<<<<

I walk out of the doctors office. I stare blankly ahead. All my thought ares silent. What's going on? I struggle with my seat belt and eventually, mom has to do it up for me. "Mom, do you think if I'm withdrawn, I'll go crazy like he said?" My mom puts a reassuring hand on my knee. "No honey, he said that withdrawal has side affects. But your minor addiction shouldn't cause too much trouble." She smiled and put the car into gear.

{How'd it go?}

{Not bad.}

{Mavis.}

{Kall, I'm not in the mood for a lecture.}

I turn off my phone and stare out of the window as we drive. Maybe I should set a goal or something. Keep my mind off the drugs. I let my thoughts take over. And suddenly mom is shaking me awake, tellingme we're home.

The Six Of Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें