New friends and old faces

Mavis' POV

I sit on the soft, green grass, listening to the calming sound of waves splashing on the shore below. Clifftop is basically a cliff overhanging a beach. But it is a place of serenity. And an old buddha temple. The wind tousles my hair and the scent of the sea fills my nose. Thoughts of previous conversations bubble up in my head. Cole sends me a weird text...I mention it to Sky and she goes silent and hangs up...what the shit is going on? I sit up and rub my sleepy eyes. That's when I see him. He's lean and skinny, sitting on a stone ledge staring at the sky. I didn't know that other people knew Clifftop exsisted. I walked over to him amd tapped his shoulder. Jumpinh at my touch he gasped and whipped around. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Mavis." I extended my hand amd he shook it. "Jacob. I didn't think anyone else knew about Clifftop." I laughed slightly. "Same here. Whatcha here for?

>>>>><<<<<

Jacob told me his story and I told him mine. It was nice to be making new friends. Especially the past three I've made. Jacob is sweet and kind, with a hard past. But his laugh makes it worthwhile. When I offered to punch people's noses in if they teased him, his laugh echoed in my ers like a sweet lullaby. His eyes sparkled when he smiled and it filled me with a warmth I'd never felt before. I think I'm beginning to like someone more than a friend.

Ariana's POV

I walked down the pavement, clutching my phone. What will he think? I knew that I loved Blake and now that I'd admitted it to him, anxiety was filling my body. Hesitantly, I raised my hand to knock on the door. Just do it. ~rat-ta-tat-tat~ I knocked loudly on the door and stepped back. Creaking notified me that the door was open and there he was. His gorgeous fair skinned face and pure blue eyes that anyone could drown in. "Blake.." I say softly and before I know it, his lips are on mine. Yes.. I feel warm tears trickle down his face and I pull away. "What's wrong?" Concern fills my voice as I wipe away his tears. "Jacob's...g-gone." Jealousy prickles in my stomach but I push it down. Blake is genuinely worried about his friend so I will comfort him. "Don't stress, he's probably just out for a walk. Let's go for a walk too yeah? Maybe we'll run into him." He nods timidly amd we leave the house.

We walk for what seems like hours. People rush by talking on the phone, sipping coffees and cursing at their watches. I look at my phone amd curse. It's 4:30. As I turn to tell Blake that we should go, I see something that terrifies me, chilling me to the bone. I want to scream but it catches in my throat. I grab Blake's wrist and start running. He questions me with fear but ignore him until we are sitting in a booth of some cafe, safely hidden in the crowded coffee house. "Ariana, what the hell is going on?!" Blake grips my hand as I pant. Josh had a body. An unconcious body. I look at Blake with desperate eyes. "We have to call the police."