Chapter 3

✴NEVER DID GET THAT ANSWER✴

Ellie arrives at the shuttle and sees her Dad, walking up behind him she wraps her arms around him, "Good morning, Daddy."

Pike smiles hearing his daughter "Morning sweetheart.". "Do you think he'll show up?" Ellie asks quietly to her Dad. "I'm not sure, but I got a good feeling about him." Pike answers, with a slight smirk, "Get to the shuttle." Pike says smiling at his daughter.

Ellie smiles and gives him a kiss on the cheek, "I'll see you later." she tells him while climbing into the shuttle. She walks down the rows looking for Uhura, making sure to duck under a bar at the beginning of the row.

"Ellie, right here." She turns towards the voice, seeing Uhura with her hand raised up in the air and a smile on her face. "Hey" Ellie says with a smile as she sits down next to Uhura.

Jim climbs into the shuttle looking around with a stupid grin.

Ellie sees him, she can't help thinking about how happy she is that he came, or 'He looks like child in a toy store' she giggles at her own thought causing Uhura to look at her strange.

Jim looks down a row to see Ellie smiling at him, he puts on his best flirtatious smile and starts to walk down her row when, he hits is head on a beam, he can hear Ellie chuckle. He ducks under the beam and continues to find a sit, preferably close to Ellie.

Ellie watches Jim walk down the aisle, but slows down when he passes the cadets from last night, "At ease, gentlemen." while doing a mock salute, and finds a seat rather close to her. Smiles at her saying "Never did get that answer, did i get it right?" though he's clearly joking, Ellie laughs shaking her head as she makes a X with her arms, with a quite buzzing sound.

Jim chuckles, he likes this girls since of humor. He buckles up, and hears an argument coming from the, bathroom?

"You need a doctor." A female officer says irritated, to a man that looks, well, homeless. "I told you people, I don't need a doctor. I am a doctor." The man firers back, the officer now practically pushing him towards Jim's row, and what seems to be the seat next to him.

"You need to get back to your seat." The officer getting really upset now, "I had one in the bathroom with no windows" the homeless man states, 'He was going to stay in the bathroom?' Jim thought with a confused face.

"You need to get back to your seat, now!", " I suffer from aviophobia. It means fear of dying in something that flies.", 'Why is he here?' Jim thought, "Sir, for your own safety, sit down or else I'll make you sit down." The officer almost yells, "Fine." The man says, rather intimidated by the woman, and starts to buckle up in the seat next to Jim.

"Thank you." With that the officer leaves.

"This is Captain Pike. We've been cleared for takeoff." Captain Pike is heard over the intercom.

"I may throw up on you." The man tells Jim while leaning towards him, Jim looks at him a little freaked out, just a little. "I think these things are pretty safe." Jim trys some what to comfort the man, but it kind of back fires.

"Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull, and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. A solar flare might pop up and cook us in our seats. And wait 'til your sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles. See if you're still so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding. Space is disease and danger after darkness and silence." The man says while taking out a flask.

Jim looks over to Ellie, seeing her looking at the guy with the same face as him, freaked out, yet very amused at the same time. She looks over to him and smiles, when they make eye contact she starts to giggle, and turns back to Uhura.

Jim cant help but smile, Her laugh, and smile, are just contagious. Whats with this girl, He couldn't get her out of her head all last night.

Jim turning back to the man next to him says "Well, I hate to break this to you, but Starfleet operates in space.", honestly curious as to why he would be here if he clearly hates space so much. "Yeah, well, got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I've got left is my bones." He responds with then taking a swig from his flask, he turns to Jim and offers him a drink.

"Jim Kirk" Jim says before taking a swig from the flask and handing it back to the guy.

"McCoy, Leonard McCoy."