Chapter 5

✴YOU CHEATED✴

Uhura turn in her chair in the Kobayashi Maru with a very mockingly look on her face and proceeds to say "We're receiving a distress signal from the USS Kobayashi Maru. The ship has lost power and is stranded. Starfleet Command has ordered us to rescue them."

"Starfleet Command has ordered us to rescue them, Captain." Jim says while turning arond to face the screens, saying captain in a cocky voice.

"Two Klingon vessels have entered the neutral zone and are locking weapons on us." Mccoy says in a slightly tired voice.

"That's okay." Jim responds while pulling out an apple and taking a bight.

"That's okay?" Mccoy ask in a very suprised and even more tired voice then before, turning to his right he looks to Ellie for an answer but her only resevs a shrug, she being just as confused "Yeah, don't worry about it."

Ellie and Bones share an annoyed, shocked and confused look, but turn back to there stations.

"Three more Klingon warbirds decloaking and targeting our ship. I don't suppose this is a problem either." McCoy informs Jim, his tone becoming more and more tired by the minute.

"They're firing." Ellie says her voice now becoming annoyed, she some times questions why she's friends with him.

"Alert medical bay to prepare to receive all crew members from the damaged ship." Jim tells Uhura.

"And how do you expect us to rescue them when we're surrounded by Klingons, Captain." She says with "Captain" in a very condescending tone.

"Alert medical"

"Our ship is being hit. Shields at sixty percent." Ellie says in a slightly tired voice, honestly wanting to be anywhere but here right now.

"I understand." Jim says causing Ellie to look over here shoulder and stare at him, trying to decipher what the heck he is doing.

"Well should we, I don't know, fire back?" McCoy says now absolutely done with this stupid simulation.

"No." Jim responses calmly as he takes out an apple from thin air and proceeds to take a bite.

"Of course not." Ellie sighs turning back to her station, when suddenly the power goes out for only a second causing everyone to look around the room.

Kirk doesn't seem fazed by it at all, "Hmm... arm photons, prepare to fire on the Klingon warbirds." he says confidently.

Ellie just sighs and prepares the photons even though she knows it wont do anything as there shields are still up. "Yes, sir." Saying "Sir" in a very sarcastic tone, just as done as Bones at this point.

"Jim, their shields are still up." Bones points out.

"Are they?"

Ellie looks at here screen to see that there shields are in fact down. 'What is happening, the shields are not supposed to go down, they CAN'T go down.' She thought slowly putting the peaces together.

'Damn it Jim.'

"No. They're not." Bones replied to Jim

"Fire on all enemy ships. One photon each should do it, so don't waste ammunition." Jim says to Ellie.

Ellie says nothing and just proceeds to do as told.

"All ships destroyed, Captain." A cadet says.

"Begin rescue of the stranded crew." Jim says as he gets out of his chair to stand facing the overhead, spacing to the instructors, " So, we've managed to eliminate all enemy ships, no one on board was injured, and the successful rescue of the Kobayashi Maru crew is underway."

As Jim headed down the hall very pleased with himself, still eating the apple, he can hear fast foot steps heading towards him. He turns to see Eleanor walking towards him, though he would use the term "Walking" lightly as she is probably more charging at him then anything.

He smiles at her opening his mouth to speak, but before he can get a word out, Ellie smacks the apple out of his hand while glaring at him.

"What the hell was that for?!" Jim exlames.

"You cheated!" She yells at him, luckily for him the hallway they where in was empty.

"So you take it out on my apple?" Jim says slightly hoping to defuse her anger, he hasn't seen her angry to many times, maybe once or twice and still they weren't that bad. She seems much more mad then any of those times. though his attempts seem to back fire.

"Jim, can't you take something serious for once!" Her expression looking between anger and, worry?

"Its not a big deal Ellie, calm down." only angering her more, 'What the heck is her problem.'.

"Jim, you can get expelled if they find out." She says in a much more softer voice, the worry on her face becoming more prominent.

"Their not going to find out." He says confidently.

Ellie just sighs turning and walking away.

Leaving Jim who is now staring at his apple that is now on the floor.