Chapter 8

✴BE CAREFUL, PLEASE.✴

Jim and McCoy make their way into the hanger and into there group waiting to be told their assigned ships, just in time it seems as the Officer is reading out names, just so happens their in the same group as Eleanor, Jim slides up next to her.

" ...Regula I, Tracy, USS Farragut... USS Enterprise, McGrath, USS ... Vader, USS Hood, Pike USS Enterprise. Welcome to Starfleet, godspeed."

With that the group disperses heading the their assigned shuttles, James looks to Bones confused "He didn't call my name."

He follows the Officer and yells out to get his attention "Commander!", He stops in front of a computer typing in something not even looking at Jim, "Sir, you didn't call my name. Kirk, James T.?" Jim asks.

Without even turning to look at him the Officer replies "Kirk, you're on academic suspension. That means you're grounded, until the Academy board rules.", and simply walks away from the three cadets. James looks so disheartened, making Eleanor's heart hurt.

McCoy tries to comfort him a little, "Jim, the board'll rule in your favor. Most likely.", 'You know for a doctor he's got some pretty bad bedside manners' Eleanor thought. Bones looks over at the shuttles, and back to Jim, "Look, Jim, we got to go." he finished.

Jim turns to them, trying to smile "Yeah, get going. Be safe." he says, mainly to Bones. Then Jim turns to Ellie, gently taking her right hand with his left, and quietly telling her as Bones begins to leave. "And you, be careful, please.". Eleanor smiles at him, her heart swelling, she leans up and kisses him on the cheek, "Aren't I always?". With that she caught McCoy, but McCoy suddenly stops in his tracks, looking back at Jim, who looks like a lost puppy.

He lets out a big sigh, and turns to her "Go without me, okay." it seemed like it was supposed tot be a question, but came out as a statement, no room for argument, as he is already walking away from her. "What are you doing?" She yells to him, looking over his shoulder he yells back "Probably something I'm going to regret.".

Heading to the shuttle she sees Uhura talking to Spock by one of the shuttles, heading towards them she catches the end of their conversation. "I'm assigned to the Farragut?" Uhura said, with a slightly agitated look, Spock looks around a bit before answering "It was an attempt to avoid the appearance of favoritism." he said quietly to her. But Uhura was having none of that, "No, I'm assigned to the Enterprise." she told him, no room for argument. So Spock looked down at his PADD, presses a few buttons before he looked back up at her again, "Yes, I believe you are." he "agreed" with her. "Thank you." Uhura said simply, chin raised slightly.

After Spock walked away, Eleanor came up behind Uhura, "Well, I guess I know who wears the pants in the relationship." Ellie told her, arms crossed, and a smirk on her face. Uhura just laughed, and got onto the shuttle they where standing next to, Ellie following right behind her.