Chapter 13

There will be a flashback in this chapter so anything in bold italic is a flashback

Not A Soul In Sight My Ass✴ 

Eleanor and Chekov where standing next to each other, as he typed away on the screen in front of them, he looks over at her once he's finished typing.

"It could vork." he told her.

"Then lets tell the captain." she says smiling.

They both make their way over to the group of four people, Jim, McCoy, Uhura and Sulu, they all seem to be arguing over what they're going to do. Chekov repeatedly taps Jim's shoulder while saying "Captain Kork, Captain Kork!".

"Yes, Chekov. What is it?" Jim responds, turning around to face him and Eleanor.

"Based on the fastest course from Wulcan, miss Eleanor has projected that Nero will travel past Saturn." He tells Jim, gesturing to Eleanor, who nods confirming what he said.

"So I asked him if there was anything he could do with that." she adds.

"Like you said, we need to stay inwisible to Nero or he'll destroy us. If Mister Scott can get us to warp factor four, and if we drop out of warp behind one of Saturn's moons, say, Titan, the magnetic distortion from the planet's rings will make us inwisible to Nero's sensors. From there, as long as the drill is not actiwated we can beam aboard the enemy ship." Chekov explains.

"Aye, that might work." Scotty said.

"Wait a minute, kid, how old are you?" Bones asks Chekov.

"Seventeen, sir." he answers.

"Oh, oh good, he's seventeen." Bones whispers to Jim, earning a light kick to the shine from Eleanor. "A genius seventeen year old." she whispered back with a small smile on her face.

"Doctor," Spock says, everyone on the bridge turns to look at him, he continues to speak as he makes his way to the group, "Mister Chekov is correct. I can confirm his telemetry. If Mister Sulu is able to maneuver us into position, I can beam aboard Nero's ship, steal back the black hole device," he then turns to look at Eleanor adding "and if possible, bring back Captain Pike.", she gave him a small smile of gratitude.

"I won't allow you to do that, Mister Spock." Jim says to him, but it didn't come out in a mean spirited way, but more as "you're going to get yourself killed, so i can't let you do that alone" kind of way.

"Romulans and Vulcans share a common ancestry. Our cultural similarities will make it easier for me to access the ship's computer to locate the device." he says to Jim, with a small smirk. Eleanor gets the feeling that Spock doesn't hate Jim ether, despite the things he said.

"Also, my mother was Human, which makes Earth the only home I have left." Spock finished. Eleanor looks at him with a soft smile, then turning to Jim to see his response.

Jim slowly stepped forward, standing in front of Spock; "I'm coming with you." he tells Spock.

Spock is silent for a moment, "I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it." he replies with a small uptake to his mouth. This made Jim smirk "See, we are getting to know each other." he says, before giving a hard pat to Spock's shoulder and leaving the bridge.

As Jim walks down the corridor, he hears footsteps coming from behind him, looking over his shoulder he see Eleanor jogging up to him, so he slows down waiting for her to catch up.