Chapter 15

I Guess I Lost The Bet✴ 

Pike sits in his wheelchair in his uniform, Eleanor pining and straitening out his metals, she seems down. "What's wrong, thought you'd be happy your boyfriends Captain now." he teases.

"It's not that, I am happy for Jim." She starts, choosing to ignore his comment about her love life.

"But?" Pike raises an eyebrow.

"I was really looking forward to being on the same starship as you," She looked at him and smiles, "And I know you were looking forward to being on a ship again.".

"Yeah I was, and so wanted to serve on the same ship as my daughter too." Eleanor lowers her head, but he continues "But I know Jim's going to be a great captain, and this is for the best.".

Eleanor smiles at her father, having the same feeling she had when she was younger, and found out what her father did for a living.

Her hero.

"I love you."

"I love you more, Ella."

"I love you most, daddy."

"Okay old man, we're going to be late." 

In the assembly hall all the seats are filled with cadets and officers, Jim stands in front of Admiral Barnett, the same man who had chastised him earlier that day. Barnett only smiles at Jim while saying to him "This assembly calls Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Your inspirational valor and supreme dedication to your comrades is in keeping with the highest traditions of service, and to reflect utmost credit to yourself, your crew, and the Federation, it is my honor to award you with this commendation." Barnett then pins the badge to Jim's shirt, and continues "By Starfleet Order two-eight four five five, you are hereby directed to report to Admiral Pike, USS Enterprise, for duty as his relief.".

Jim shakes his hand, and turns to walk over to Pike, who is being wheeled out by Eleanor.

Jim stands tall, shoulders straight "I relieve you, sir." he says, sounding a bit choked up, making Eleanor smile.

Pike gives him a smile showing that he is proud of Jim, "I am relieved."

Smiling, Jim gives a small nod of his head "Thank you, sir.".

"Congratulations, Captain." Pike says, then shakes Jim's hand, telling him "Your father would be proud.".

Jim looks up at Eleanor, who is still standing behind her father. They share a smile, then Jim gives her a wink, causing her to playfully roll her eyes.

Later after the assembly in an empty corridor Jim stands talking to Bones.

Bones sees Eleanor walking towards them, smiling he turns to Jim and excuses himself, "Do something this time, don't be a coward.".

"What?" Jim looks at him confused, Bones leaves without an explanation.

"Hey, Captain."

Jim whips around to see Eleanor standing in front of him, "Hey, Ellie.".

After a short awkward silence, Jim finally speaks up, "So I guess I lost the bet." this makes her laugh.

"Yeah I guess you did, but," she trails off.

"But?"

"You did save my father, earth and every other federation plant."

"I guess."

"So I think you deserve a prize."

"Really?"

"So, Captain, what do you want?"

There's a short pause.

"A date."

"Just a date?"

"Just one date, and if I don't somehow mess it up, maybe I can get another one?"

Eleanor steppes closer and took his face in the palms of her hands, catching him of guard and leaning in.

He was about to say something, when he's cut off by a pair of lips on his own.

His eyes widen in shock, but soon close as he melts into the kiss and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Slowly Eleanor pulled away, looking Jim in the eyes she says teasingly "You know if you wanted to ask me out, you could have just asked.".

Laughing he replies with "I just did.".

"It only took three years." She continues to tease him.

"Okay now you're just being mean."

"My apologies Captain, I look forward to our date." She says, kissing him once more.

"Why'd you have to sound like Spock before you kissed me?" Jim says, with a confused and slightly annoyed voice, causing Eleanor to burst out laughing.

AN: Okay, so I'm back. Don't have an excuse this time, I just procrastinated and was doing other things. I sorry. Had to rewrite the kiss scene a few times, felt too anticlimactic the first time hope this one is better.