One

"I can't believe this." I mumbled as I walked into my dorm room. It was still a mess. But it wasn't my mess. It was hers.

"Torrance!" I yelled. I knew she had to be in the bathroom. She had Justin Bieber blasting from her iPhone.

"And I was like baby, baby, baby oh!" Torrance sang.

I picked up clothes along the way to the bathroom. They were all hers.

I knocked on the door and she opened it.

"Hey (y/n)! How was class?" Torrance asked me. Torrance was pretty much the opposite of myself. She was bubbly, perky, and sort of annoying. When I first got to NYU and saw she was my roommate, I literally went to the dorm advisor and begged for another roommate.

Unfortunately, no one was willing to switch with me. Go figure.

After a few weeks, I got used to her. She would always try to drag me to some party, but I always declined. It was what we would do.

That was until the breakup.

I had been in New York for two months when I knew that it was inevitable. As soon as I got here, Harry called and texted me every single day. Sometimes he would call me two to three times a day just to hear my voice.

Then the calls started coming less and the texts were irrelevant. I got tired of trying with him. It was like I was in a one way relationship.

I was planning on telling him exactly how I felt, but then I didn't have to. He called me in the middle of the night but I was asleep.

So instead he left me a voicemail.

Harry broke up with me in a voicemail.

I still had it on my phone. Sort of like a reminder to never trust someone with my heart again.

When we meet people in our lives, they either become a lesson or a blessing.

Harry Styles was a lesson.

"Class was fine, Torrance. I thought you were going to clean up your mess today?" I asked her as I walked into the living room.

"I am! I'm just trying to find something to wear to the party tonight. Are you coming?"

I shook my head as I sat on the couch, "Nah, I'm gonna sit this one out. I feel like I'm still hungover from the last one."

Torrance laughed at my low alcohol tolerance, "You better not miss the one next week. It's going to be epic."

"I won't miss it. I have some studying to do anyways. I have a test in the next few days." I told her.

"What about your dance class? Isn't that today?" Torrance asked me as she picked up her mess finally.

"No, it's tomorrow." I answered. I started taking a dance class off campus. It was a great workout and I wanted to try something different. After the breakup with Harry, I wanted to live. I felt like if I stayed in my dorm room all of the time, I would think about him. I needed things that would take my mind off of him.

"I hate to leave you here alone." Torrance told me.

"It's not like you haven't before." I mumbled.

I turned on the television and there they were. One Direction. It seemed like I couldn't watch tv, listen to the radio, or look through a magazine without seeing or hearing them.

I quickly changed the channel before I could hear his voice.

"It's still hard on you, huh?" I jumped at the sound of Torrance's voice. I didn't realize that she was still in the room.

"What?" I asked her as I turned the television off.

"I can tell you miss him. You always change the channel or the radio when he comes on." Torrance said. When I first met Torrance, she instantly knew who I was. She freaked out that she was sharing a dorm with Harry Styles' girlfriend.

"I don't miss him." I mumbled as I got up and started heading to my room.

"You don't have to hide it from me. We've all been through breakups, (y/n)." Torrance told me.

"Look, I really don't want to talk about this right now!" I said sharply.

Torrance nodded before she went into her room. I instantly felt bad for yelling at her. It wasn't her fault.

I groaned as I layed down on my bed. I wished things were different. I wished things didn't turn out like this.

"Okay class! When we meet up again on Tuesday, make sure you have the dance down. We will be picking people for the showcase next week! Only ten will make it." Naomi, my dance instructor told us. There were twenty five people in our class. Fifteen of us wouldn't be so happy after next week.

The showcase was very important for the dance company. It brings attention to the company and shows off the talent that we have. A lot of the dancers usually get discovered and gets real dancing jobs. Rumor has it, one of the girls last year got hired by Katy Perry.

"You know you are practically in the showcase already?" My friend Cam told me. Cam was a year older than me and was from Dallas, Texas. He was a typical southern boy. He loved his country music, truck and boots. He made every girl in our class swoon when he looked at them with his baby blue eyes. He was also one of the best dancers in the class.

"Nah, I don't think so. You on the other hand, will most likely get picked first." I replied as I put on my jacket and grabbed my bags.

"You want to get together some time and work on the dance? They usually leave the studio open on the weekends."

"Sure, just text me when you want to meet up." I smiled. He gave me a hug before I started to leave. I was in dire need of a hot chocolate from Starbucks. Thankful that there was one down the street from the dance studio, I headed down there.

It wasn't as busy as it usually is which was surprising. I went to the counter and ordered my hot chocolate, paid for it and started looking at the mugs they had on display.

"(Y/n)?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw someone that I didn't think that I would ever again.

Zayn.