Three

I had never sweat so much in my life. It was gross. Cam and I spent the last two hours perfecting our dance routines and I think we got it down.

"I think we should call it a day." I told him after I took a huge chug of water. I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was go home, shower, put on my fuzzy pjs and watch the Vampire Diaries on Netflix.

Ian Somerhalder is a total babe.

"Yeah, I think so too. I'm feeling really confident about the dance." Cam smiled. He grabbed his bag and handed me mine. We headed out of the studio and into the sunny weather.

"I am too. I'm actually ready to get this over with. I just want to know if we made it or not."

He bumped my shoulder lightly, "You're one of the best in the class. There's no doubt that you'll make it."

I was about to respond when I saw a photographer. He was right across the street next to a newsstand.

His camera was aimed right at me.

I was confused. Why would he want a photo of me?

"Do you see that guy across the street?" Cam asked me.

"Um yeah. I have to go. I'll see you later!" I told him as I started to hurry away.

I walked as fast as I could back to my dorm earning a few looks from strangers.

When I got to my dorm, Torrance was on her laptop. I grabbed it out of her hands and went to OceanUp.

There they were. Photographers had dozens of pictures of Zayn and I from yesterday.

"Oh my gosh." Torrance muttered beside me.

My thoughts exactly.

I scrolled down to read the article:

Moving on to another Direction?

Harry Styles' ex flame, (y/f/n) (y/l/n) was spotted in New York City with Zayn Malik yesterday. The two went all over town sightseeing and sources say they were awfully chummy with each other. Is (y/n) moving on with Harry's best friend?

"I can't believe this!" I exclaimed.

These jerks didn't know what was going on!

Torrance grabbed her laptop and started looking at other gossip sites. They were all pretty much saying the same things.

"You know he is going to see this." Torrance told me.

I groaned and put my head in my hands, "I know."

Zayn's POV:

I had an amazing time with (y/n) yesterday. I missed her. She was a great person who didn't deserve what Harry did to her.

I treated her badly too. I regretted it. I wanted to be her friend. Nothing more. It meant a lot to me to try and mend things with her. I didn't tell anyone where I went yesterday. I told them that I was meeting up with an old friend, which wasn't really a lie.

I was hanging in Niall's hotel room when Harry and Louis came in.

"Hey fellas." Niall said as they walked in.

Harry's eyes were on me.

"Something wrong?" I asked him.

"Where did you go yesterday? And don't you dare lie." Harry warned me.

"I went out with a friend." I answered him.

"You went out with (y/n)." Harry said.

Louis and Niall looked at me with shock.

"I ran into her the other day and she agreed to show me around town." I explained.

"I bet you were so happy to see her. I can already imagine you telling her awful things about me just so she see you in a different light."

Louis placed a hand on his shoulder, "Mate, calm down."

Harry shrugged his hand away, "No, I won't calm down!"

I stood up, "I didn't tell her anything. She can't even speak about you without it hurting her. I wasn't going to turn my back on her like you did!"

Harry was silent. No one knew the true reason why Harry broke up with (y/n). I didn't even know if he knew himself.

"I didn't turn my back on her." He replied.

I scoffed, "Oh really? So what do you call dumping her over a phone call and never reaching out to see if she was okay?"

Harry came up to me, "That is none of your business!"

"You made it our business when you brought her into our lives!" I retorted.

"I don't want to talk about this." He muttered before he started walking away.

"Oh yeah, run away from your problems like you always do! Be a man about it, Harry!"

Harry paused at the door and turned to face me, "Screw you."