Twenty

Zayn picked me up not long after Harry left. I wasn't in the mood to go, but I had already committed to going.

Harry's conversation was running through my head. I couldn't get the face he made out of my head.

I also couldn't let go that he lied to me. Had he always been lying?

"How have you been feeling?" Zayn asked me as we made our way to the restaurant he chose.

"I've been better." I mumbled.

"Harry problems?" He chuckled.

"Sort of. He told me what really happened when I got in that accident." I told him.

"He didn't tell you that when you were in the hospital?"

I shook my head, "No, he lied."

We got to the restaurant and I hobbled in on my crutches. I really couldn't wait until I didn't have to use these anymore.

The hostess seated us and then took our drink order. I looked over my menu trying to decide what to eat, when Zayn broke the silence.

"Are you going to forgive him?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know."

"You should."

I looked up at him, "What?"

"I can tell that he loves you. A lot. Everyone can see that." Zayn smiled.

"He warned me to not come tonight. He said how you were always trying to come between us." I told him.

Zayn chuckled a little, "Honestly, that was my intention at first, but now I know that you guys are meant to be even after everything."

I was surprised.

"Looks like Harry was concerned about nothing." I laughed.

"I like making him squirm." Zayn winked.

"Did he talk to you about taking me out tonight? He was pretty upset earlier." I admitted.

"I haven't talked to him."

"This accident definatly made things worse. I can't remember anything and I know it bothers him."

"It'll all get better. You just need to rest and stop stressing about it. Your memory will come back to you." Zayn placed his hand softly on mine and I felt comforted.

He was a great guy.

"Thanks, Zayn."

"It's no problem. I'm always here if you need me." He smiled.

"You could help me by telling me things from the past." I laughed.

Zayn told me about the first time he and I met. Harry got crazy jealous when he thought Zayn was flirting with me. I laughed at the story because it seemed like something Harry would do.

"Then the bet happened..."

I was confused, "The bet?"

Zayn's eyes went wide, "He didn't tell you?"

"What bet, Zayn?" I questioned. Harry kept something from me again.

"Before I tell you, I just want you to know that you did forgive Harry and myself about it. It was a long time ago. Before you and I started a friendship and before you and Harry got together." Zayn tried to explain.

"Zayn, just tell me already."

"I made a bet with Harry when he first met you to see who could get together with you first." He told me.

I felt upset, "Why would you do that?"

He looked down at his hands, "I was jealous. I didn't mean to try and hurt you."

Even though I wanted to be furious with the both of them, I couldn't. It was in the past and Zayn said I forgave them.

"It's fine, Zayn." I told him.

He looked at me, "You aren't mad?"

I shook my head, "it was a long time ago."

Zayn breathed a sigh of relief, "I'm glad you aren't mad at me again. It was dumb of me to do that. Harry and I got into a huge fight because of it. I had a black eye and everything."

"You two fought over me?" I asked shocked.

He nodded, "Yeah, but the best man one."

After dinner, I asked Zayn if he could bring me to Harry's flat. He said it was no problem because all of the guys lived in the same building.

He walked me to Harry's flat before he went to his own.

I knocked on the door and I faintly heard Harry, "Go away!"

I knocked again and I heard his footsteps.

He opened the door and I could tell he was shocked to see me, "(y/n)?"

"Can I come in? My leg is starting to bother me." He opened the door wider and I walked inside. His flat was pretty nice.

I went to his couch and he grabbed a pillow for me to rest my leg on. He sat in front of me on his coffee table.

"How was your date?" He asked me.

"It wasn't a date, Harry."

"You could've fooled me." He mumbled.

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned.

"I saw some hand holding and winking."

"You followed us?" I half yelled, half laughed.

What a weirdo.

"I couldn't help it. I knew he would try something like this."

"If you were actually listening to our conversation instead of assuming stuff, you would've heard that Zayn was trying to get me to forgive you." I told him.

His head whipped up, "What?"

"Yup. He told me that he sees me in a friendly way and that he thinks the best man won."

"Wow." He mumbled.

"You didn't trust either of us." I said to him.

"That isn't true." He tried to defend himself.

"Of course it is. If it wasn't, then you wouldn't have been following us." I couldn't help but laugh a little. I kept imagining Harry hiding in a bush or wearing a fake mustache.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "it's fine. Just know that Zayn only has good intentions. He won't try to steal me from you."

He smiled a little, "You're still mine?"

"I guess in a sense, yes. Even though I can't remember."

He edged himself closer to me, "So since you're mine, and I'm yours, does that mean I can do this?"

He placed one of his hands on my cheek and brought himself closer to me. I felt my heart race by his simple touch.

I just nodded like an idiot as he brought his lips closer to mine.

"And can I do this?" He whispered as his lips grazed mine softly.

"Yes." I muttered before he pressed his lips against mine.