Sixteen

My head hurt. Badly. It was pounding and I wished it would stop. I felt a pressure on my hand. When I opened my eyes, I saw him.

Well, I didn't know who he was.

It scared me. A complete stranger was holding my hand.

At least he was attractive. He looked like he had been crying. His curls were out of place. He looked like he hadn't had a decents night sleep in a while.

He was still beautiful.

"(Y/n)." He breathed out. I assumed that was me since we were the only two in the room.

I looked around the room to make sure, then I looked back at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.

I felt my head start to hurt again. I touched my forehead before I responded, "I have a headache."

The stranger smiled a little, "The doctor said you would be in pain for a little while."

"I don't mean to be rude, but who exactly are you?" I asked him. I had to find out who he was.

His rosy cheeks paled in an instant. I thought he was having a stroke or something.

"You--you don't know who I am?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "If I did, I wouldn't be asking you."

"I'm going to be right back." He mumbled before he left the room.

He still didn't tell me who he was.

I looked around the room. I tried to think about how I got into the hospital.

Nothing.

The stranger walked back in with three other people and a man dressed in a white lab coat.

"I'm Dr. Thompson. I need to ask you a few questions. (Y/n), do you know what day it is?" The doctor asked me.

I looked around hoping a calendar was here somewhere.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do you know who the President of the United States is?" He asked me again.

"No, I do not." I answered.

"You don't know who any of these people are?" He gestured to the stranger who held my hand along with the two adults and the blonde.

"No." I simply said.

The lady in the back started to cry. What happened to her?

"You should all introduce yourselves to her. Maybe it'll jog her memory." Dr. Thompson told them.

The two adults introduced themselves as my parents. They looked young. I could tell they were worried. Their daughter didn't even know who they were.

The blonde came up to me, "I'm Torrance. We are roommates at NYU... you're my best friend." Her eyes were red. Like she had been crying.

Next, the stranger that held my hand before came up to my bed.

"Are you going to finally tell me who you are?" I asked.

He smirked a little before he frowned again. I noticed that was the closest thing to a smile I had seen.

"I'm Harry." He told me. His voice was deep and a bit raspy.

"Do I go to school with you too?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "I'm your--I'm your boyfriend."