Five

I needed coffee.

Lots of it.

It was around ten at night when I decided to go get me some. I was studying for a test that I had the next morning, but I couldn't retain any of the information.

It didn't matter how many times I reread the material, it wouldn't stick.

I walked into Starbucks and ordered a grande java chip with a pump of vanilla. I sat in the back and opened my MacBook to continue my studying.

I must've been lost in my own world. I didn't even notice him standing besides me.

I jumped, "Holy crap!"

Niall laughed, "Took you long enough."

I got up and gave him a huge hug. I missed Niall. I haven't really talked to him since I left which bothered me. He and I were the closest.

"What are you doing here?" Niall asked me as he sat in the seat in front of me.

I waved my notes, "Doing some studying."

"I had to get away. The other guys are driving me nuts."

"What's going on?" I questioned.

"Harry and Zayn are at each other's throats. Louis takes Harry's side naturally because they are best mates. Liam is just trying to resve everything, but it isn't working. I'm trying to concentrate on song writing, but no one else is helping." Niall explained.

There was a lot going on.

"What are Zayn and Harry arguing about?"

Niall looked at me like I should already know, "It's about you."

I groaned, "Again?"

He nodded, "Not like before though. Zayn told me that he doesn't think of you as more than a friend. He's upset with what Harry did."

"Did Harry tell you that he came over yesterday to my dorm?" I asked him.

Niall shook his head, "No he didn't tell me. What happened?"

"It was all so bad. I couldn't stop saying these things to him. I knew it was lies, but I wanted him to hurt like he hurt me." I looked down at my hands.

After Harry left, I cried. Hard. I didn't know if I was upset at the argument we had, or the things we said. I knew if the situation was reversed and he said some of the things I did, I would be crushed.

"No wonder he was upset when he got home yesterday." Niall mumbled.

I kept replaying the argument I had with Harry all day long. Especially when he said he and I were meant to be.

Were we?

Would I be dumb to take him back after everything?

"Do you think you could come and see the other guys tomorrow? Liam and Louis miss you a lot." Niall smiled.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Harry got pretty mad when he saw that Zayn and I hung out." I replied.

"Oh come on! We want to hang out with you too. We could all go out to lunch tomorrow." Niall suggested.

"I could never say no to you." I laughed.

Niall smiled, "I'll text you okay? I have to get going. The other guys will wonder what's taking me so long." Niall stood up and I did too.

"See you tomorrow." I told him as I hugged him.

"You better not bail on me." Niall joked.

"I wouldn't dare."

The next day, after my test, I met up with Torrance after class. She was sitting on a bench with her headphones in.

"Hello stranger. Fancy seeing you here." She joked when I sat down. I left early to the library before class this morning so we didn't have our usual breakfast together while we gossiped.

"Sorry, I had some last minute studying to do." I told her.

"And you came in late last night." She pressed on.

I rolled my eyes, "I went to get coffee."

"Sure you did. You wanna go grab some lunch? I have some time between class."

"Um actually, I made plans." I said.

"With Cam?" She questioned.

I shook my head, "I'm going to see Niall, Liam and Louis."

Torrance looked shocked, "Oh my gosh!"

Would she ever get used to the idea that I was friends with 4/5 of One Direction?

"I ran into Niall last night and he invited me to go to lunch with them." I explained.

"Do you think it's a good idea to go?"

I looked at her confused, "Why wouldn't it be?"

"I mean, won't Harry get upset with you for hanging with them?"

"Harry doesn't control who I can be friends with, I told you that." I reminded her.

"Yeah, but you were upset after your fight with him yesterday. You don't want to repeat that again, do you?" Torrance was once again full of questions.

"It'll be fine." I told her.

Thirty minutes later, I was walking into the restaurant that Niall told me to meet him and the other guys at. I gave the hostess my name and she led me to their table. I saw four people sitting there. Niall, Liam, Louis.... and Harry.