Twenty Three

I had been waiting for this for weeks. I woke up and I could remember.

It all seemed to hit me at once. I remembered first coming to London. I remembered bumping into Harry and then seeing him at Starbucks. I recalled the time he brought me to their performance and he sang to me.

I remembered our countless talks and fights. I remembered leaving to New York and hearing the voicemail. I remember seeing him again after months apart.

I remembered everything.

I got up and went over to where I kept my pictures. I could remember exactly what happened in each of them.

I couldn't help but smile.

I looked at another photo. It was of me and Harry.

I needed to call him.

We fought for a silly reason, but I wouldn't want to fight with anyone else.

I grabbed my phone and called him, but he didn't answer.

Great.

I decided to go downstairs. He would eventually call me.

No one was home.

Looks like I would be having cereal. After my accident, I would be walking around the house aimlessly trying to figure out where everything was. It felt great to finally have my memories back.

I called Torrance and told her the good news. She was so excited. I also told her that I would be back at the end of the week.

She squealed and I told her I would call her later. I couldn't handle anymore shrieking.

After breakfast, I changed and decided to go to Harry's flat. Maybe he would be there.

I felt a little nervous before I went over. It was like déjà vu all over again.

I took a deep breath before I knocked on his door. I heard footsteps and then he opened the door.

"Hello." I told him.

"Hey."

"I have some good news." I smiled.

He didn't speak so I guessed it meant I should go on.

"My memories came back. I woke up this morning and I could just remember. I guess it did take some time after all."

"That's great." He mumbled.

"What is your problem?" I asked him. I didn't want to have this conversation out in the hallway, but he didn't leave me much choice. He didn't even invite me in.

"I've been doing some thinking." He said.

This sounded familiar.

"About what?"

"Us." Harry looked down at his hands as he spoke.

"Just spit it out, Harry." I sort of yelled.

He finally looked up at me, "What?"

"This is just like that damn voicemail. At least you have the decency to break up with me in person." I muttered.

"I'm not good enough for you, (y/n)."

"That's a lie and you know it! Why are you doing this to me again? You promised me that you wouldn't hurt me again!" I yelled.

"I know, but you deserve better. All I do is hurt you and make you suffer from my mistakes. I want you to be happy." Harry said.

"You think that I haven't been happy with you?! This is just your insecurities talking again." I felt my throat get all tight but no tears came.

"I can't do this anymore. I can't hurt you." Harry whispered.

I couldn't believe this was happening again.

"So you decide to hurt me in the worst way possible?"

"It's for the best."

I couldn't stand to look at him any longer. I walked away and went to the elevators.

They opened and I got inside. I turned around and Harry was still in the hallway.

"If it's for the best.... then I don't ever want to hear from you again." I told him as the doors closed.

I haven't cried. It's been two days since Harry broke up with me. I thought the tears would've came by now, but they haven't. I spent the last two days getting rid of everything that could possibly remind me of him.

I got rid of photos first.

I didn't allow myself to linger at them too long.

Like he said, it was for the best.

I was getting ready for my flight. I needed to be out of here in twenty minutes.

I got all of my essentials for my flight and put them in my carry on.

I couldn't wait to go back to New York. I missed being there.

"(Y/n)! Are you almost ready?" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"I'll be down in a minute." I called back.

I took one last look at my room before I left.

My dad had to work, but I already said my goodbyes to him. My mom was going to bring me to the airport. She must've known that something happened between Harry and I. She hasn't asked about him and I always caught her giving me these looks.

Moms know everything.

When we arrived at the airport, my mom helped me with my luggage and we headed inside.

She couldn't go past security with me, so once we got there it was time for goodbyes.

"Be careful and call me as soon as you land. Don't talk to strangers!" She told me as I laughed. I gave her a huge hug before I got in line for security.

It was time for a fresh start.

It was time that I started a new life... without Harry Styles.

THE END! PART THREE WILL BE UP SOON! :)